10 New Theatre of War Gameplay Videos and 1 New Wallpaper Released

Madmatt

November 22nd, 2006

10 new Gameplay Videos and 1 new Wallpaper released

winter.jpg

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the United States and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than by sharing with you some new Theatre of War gameplay videos and wallpaper!

We have ten new videos showing off a variety of game features, units and effects. From air strikes and artillery barrages, to armored assaults and crews bailing out from burning tanks, these videos show off just a little of what's in store for you when Theatre of War ships out.

You can find the videos (named Movie Packs 1 through 4 and Winter War) and the new Wallpaper (#10) on our Pics, Videos and Wallpaper Gallery.

The Winter War Video was made a few months ago using the original Russian version. The other 9 videos were made by Battlefront's own Moon, but they were made with an earlier beta build that does not have any of the new Battlefront changes in it.

Theatre of War website

wallpaper10.jpg

Madmatt

Originally posted by Shabe.:

Nice videos and great animations.

But, one thing catch my eye (besides the super-charged tank engines) - in the second vid, pack 1, the grenades exploded on ground contact!? I hope this is on battlefront's fix list.

Yup, that was one of the things that was on the list to be fixed. Since that video was actually made a few months ago, I think it was fixed even in the Russian release. I will need to check to be sure though.

Madmatt

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I know its a bit late but 7-zip will open .rar files and its free.

First time ive looked at these movies, they really do give a great sense of the engagement distance. God i hope you guys eventually put an editor in this game, even if its a complex one, nothing worse than a great game engine with low replay value. Its usually the modding community that keeps games such as these popular for a long time after release. I for one love creating scnarios for others.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the january release, haha!

Steve.

• 1 month later...

I'd rather be able to muck with the AI scripts or code than a mission editor or map editor. None of that is any good and rather worthless if the AI suks anyways. Not everyone and probably most don't play MPer anyway. Polls have shown the majority of people play these games SPer and thus the AI needs to be the most important aspect of these wargames, but, sadly usually isn't.

In the announced mission editor you will be able to work with AI scripts too! I do not know to what extend and depth but I am under the impression, that the commercial mission editor gives you the same options than the programmers of 1C have when developing their scenarios.

Uwe