Impressions of the Russian version

CoolColJ

Originally posted by track:

The address to the German fan site?

German fan site and here is the link to the screenshots

I guess it is the most complete collection of all the WW2 RTS - Battlefield Command - Wartime Command - WW2 RTS - Theatre of war screenshots that were ever released.

But we all know that there were some features in the game that were kicked out, others came in and hopefully some more will be added right now. So a screenshot does not say anything about the content of the actual game.

Uwe

The early screen shots show MG teams and motars.

Who the heck removed them in the first place?

Must be some stupid a** at the marketing department of some big game publisher who was trying sell the game as family entertaiment for christmas.

Perhaps it could function as an expansion pack for Sims :D

Of course you will "pay to play", you have to buy the game silly.

The fact that it doesn't allow infantry to enter buildings, no scenario or map editors and above all else no ability to play by email turns me off to these sort of kid games. I'm just not an rts fan, what happened to wego?

Wego happens with CM:SF.

As a long time CM player myself I have to choose between modern war wego or WW2 RTS (hopefully on the realisitc side)..... and for me personally I had not to think long where I see myself in the future. Not with SF! I have no interest whatsoever in modern warfare....

I hope that all the valid points you have mentioned (...doesn't allow infantry to enter buildings, no scenario or map editors...) and some more will be fixed either before the release, in a patch or for a second game in a series of ToW games. With seeing the dedication of battlefront, of 1C with Il2 Sturmovik and of the peolpe here on the board I am confident that we will get there!!

Uwe

Originally posted by CaptainBly:

Of course you will "pay to play", you have to buy the game silly.

Yes, CaptainBlah, no one minds paying once to buy the game, but perhaps pbem was left out so that if you wish to play MP you'd have to pay a monthly fee like the MMPRPG games do. Silly yourself.