Nobody's mentioned the latest BFC blog entry yet?

MikeyD

I dont think its a 1 in 5000 chance that players will find it strange when a bomber pulk appears at CAS height and unloads its bombload in such close proximity to friendly troops that it would make even today's A-10 jockeys envious.

well, maybe 1 in 5000 Heinis.

[ October 06, 2006, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

I dont think its a 1 in 5000 chance that players will find it strange when a bomber pulk appears at CAS height and unloads its bombload in such close proximity to friendly troops that it would make even today's A-10 jockeys envious.

First of all, that is an advertisement, and as such does not have to conform to the strictest qualities of criticism. They don't tell you that it helps you lose 15 kg in four weeks, at least.

Secondly, I don't see a low flying bomber in that picture, only bombs. So I don't know, how you come to the conclusion that the bomber is at CAS height.

yea, terrific ad, and there is little difference left between BTS/BF.C and any other company out there (esp. the old atomic which they hated so much back then) contrary to their initial credo.

they have come a looong way.

just like the customer base and its knowledge level around here.

might as well go play sudden panzer elite strike command conquer or sumfink. they use the same kind of "terrific advertisement", and share the same "SS Ueber****head" kind of RTS crowd forum population.

Hof, I'm not overwhelmed with certain aspects of ToW, but let's give it a chance. It might not be the most accurate represenation of WW2 possible but it does have it's merits, and it has potential as a series. I have the sense BFC are pulling it around in the right direction and for that I think they deserve our support. We've all made our points and I would hope they've been duly noted. In the end I'd much rather see your knowledge put to positive use here than in pointless sniping. To continue that would be a waste.

The ad is exciting visually - in the same manner as the Close Combat cover with the Lee Enfield armed Russian soldier. :)

I agree with Hof to a point; it seems beneath BFC to sacrifice their core ideals for mere marketing flash, but then again, I'm not investing any money into the project beyond what it will cost to download the demo. If it sells to the SS dumbasses while not repelling the rest of us, more power to them.

Sirocco,

I think from a marketing perspective it's a terrific ad. And that matters more than what senor uber picky thinks about it.
Thanks for pointing that out. I think someone missed the fact that this is an advertisement, not an actual scenario.

Hofbauer,

might as well go play sudden panzer elite strike command conquer or sumfink. they use the same kind of "terrific advertisement", and share the same "SS Uebershithead" kind of RTS crowd forum population.
What an EXCELLENT suggestion. Take your crappy attitude, bad language, bigotted arrogance and go play Panzer Strike Elite or somefink. Because if all you are here to do is try to make yourself look superior to everybody else, you really need to take a break.

I swear Hof, sometimes I think you've gone of some sort of powerful anti-psychotic drug. Your seem to go through periods where just about every single thing you post is negative and abusive (which is against Forum rules, as is your language), then you seem to get a grip on yourself and are constructive and (gasp) even interesting. Unfortunately, you're on a negative bender right now. Why do you enjoy it so much?

Steve

Hitori Kyo,

if people like Hof dont point out mistakes and inaccuracys then the developers never learn to push the boundaries and will just stick to the realm of ss nub games. make clear the quality we want from a game or it shall never happen.
Not really. When Hof is off his meds he just annoys the crap out of us and tries our patience. Otherwise he has good contributions to make. This thread is certainly an example of the former, not the latter.

Steve

Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

well you eye candy art is some what destroying the credibility of your game, would it be so hard as to make advertisement that suites both types of customers? thats the point u belive Hof is trying to make.

- Hitori Kyo

Here is a idea, why don’t you and HOF get together and come up with a couple of adds that fit more to your taste.

Then post them up so the entire forum can criticize every minuet historical contradictions.

Anyone can sit there a dream up the perfect game or even the perfect advertisements ,

But the real question is what could you make ?

Originally posted by WindyCity:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

well you eye candy art is some what destroying the credibility of your game, would it be so hard as to make advertisement that suites both types of customers? thats the point u belive Hof is trying to make.

- Hitori Kyo

Here is a idea, why don’t you and HOF get together and come up with a couple of adds that fit more to your taste.

Then post them up so the entire forum can criticize every minuet historical contradictions.

Anyone can sit there a dream up the perfect game or even the perfect advertisements ,

But the real question is what could you make ? </font>

The advertisement is an attention grabber and that is what any gaming company has to do to get sales. Provided I had played the demo and enjoyed the gameplay therein I would buy ToW no matter what image of warfare they decided to stick on the box cover.

I quite like the sense of movement and drama the falling bombs give to the image. With a huge tank at the top and smaller images of tank and infantry warfare to the side I think it gives a good rounded impression of what can be expected from the game ie. the infantry, vehicle and aerial warfare you would expect in any Theatre of War.