He who likes multiplayer say aye

traemyn

Aye,

I think its about that time to get a list of ppl that are interested in playing some ToW multiplayer. Would be nice to eventually have a fansite catered to MP but that will come in time probably (unless ToW MP sucks!)<--HERESY!!@@

Post your email in this thread. Msn Messenger email preferably.

****But if we can have pauses in MP it will allow us geezers to stop and take our medicine, change our diaper, get a prune froms the fridge, answer the phone, call in our prescriptions, ect..."Dagnabit!! I was playing a game???"

****This game will be too slow for yung flashbangers....dont sweat it...

I say Aye, because MP is the only part of a Game who keeps the game alive over a long time period.

Those who say:

Originally posted by Tankbuster:

NAY! - Cheaters, campers, bad losers and all manner of degenerate youth play multiplayer, stay away from the dark side brothers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAY also, for the very same reasons. MP games are saturated with cheaters and foul mouthed little kids!

Sorry guys you sound like lamers who take hours for your decisions and get blown away by some kids. Cheaters in RTS Games????? Tell me a Game...tats impossible, because all players need to have the same files if one file is different to the others they cant conect to the game.

Campers...some say tactical waiting. When you order your troops to walk straight through the green singing and laughing then you think you are a great comander?

Bad loosers....thats normal human behaviour its part of the MP. Dont wanna see you if you have lost the 10th time against the KI you only try to face :D

degenerate youth play multiplayer:

thats the greates bull**** of the statement. Sounds like you are jellous that you couldn´t do so. Are Computer MP Games only for People age 18+ :confused: :eek: :confused: or even older :confused:

foul mouthed little kids:

when you have children do you think they talk only nice :confused:

Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tankbuster:

I play as a Russian tanker in Red Orchestra most nights I get the chance.

Of course you do, and you don't need to cheat either, because Tripwire have already done the cheating for you. :D </font>

The prospects for successfully completing a multiplayer wargame of any type are inversely proportional to its length. This is true of both board wargames and those for the PC.

Want to have a good experience with your PC? Find yourself a game that you can finish in an evening or less. Close Combat is fabulous in this regard, as is Sid Meier's Gettysburg.

The CMx family of games is far less satisfactory, because all but the very shortest AND smallest scenarios simply take to long, what with the turns and all the planning that one has to do for friendlies.

TOW looks to be far more manageable in this regard. It ought to be possible for a couple of buddies to play a game or two on a Thursday evening after KP. In this respect, TOW ought to be the best thing that's happened to multiplayer wargaming, in a very, very long time.

My vote?

I vote for TOW Multiplayer!!!

PoE

Originally posted by Tankbuster:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigrun:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tankbuster:

I play as a Russian tanker in Red Orchestra most nights I get the chance.

Of course you do, and you don't need to cheat either, because Tripwire have already done the cheating for you. :D </font>

I say Aye!

Of all the wargames I have played:

Close Combat, THe Panther Games series, Combat Mission, Steel Panthers, the Total War series, to name a few. The AI ALWAYS gets too easy after a while. Alot of games allow the AI to cheat to make it more of a challenge, which is always extremely frustrating, you need to play someone who is playing by the same rules, weather it be AI or Human.

The only way to get real satisfaction from playing a wargame is to play against a human oponnent with comparable skills.

I have an online partner which I play all my wargames with. Having a person who I play games with regularily also allows to play long multiplayer campaigns, which increase the enjoyment of the game by a huge factor.