"Kill rings" on gun barrels...

Kimpela

How about making kill rings on gun barrels. That would be great looking option. If your tank/artillery gun would knockout an enemy tank, then in next battle the tank/artilley gun would have one "white ring" in barrel and so on. You could see, which is your elite tank.

What you think about it?

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

PS: If it is possible to display holes on the tanks already this may not even be that difficult

It definitely does display holes on the tank. IIRC, this is visible in the infantry assault video.

It would be kool if kill rings appeared on the vet tanks.

Finnish armour and ATG's did indeed at least occasionally sport such painted art, but I am unaware of when this fashion took off (seems like 1944) and just how widespread it really was. Among the reasons is that until summer '44, Finnish soldiers spent more time wrestling with bears than tickling T-34's with toothpicks.

I was referring to his general attitude starting with his know-it-all, absolute NO (which would be okay if it wasnt total BS) and his subsequent attitude of tongue.gif - denial that started with the quoted passage.

if you think its reasonable to lead people astray by giving wrong info like that (and we are not talking about some fun topic like demo coming out or whatever, but historical facts), with subsequent impudent, saucy denial, when the application of due diligence of a simple google search would have instantly showed him that he was wrong, and sticking to it even after he had been shown some examples by helpful members, plus note he still hasnt acknowledged that he was wrong...

...then he is either intentionally acting like a jackass "ignorant", OR it is an attempt at humor.

hence my question.

or, Grog Dorosh, are you now joining him in claiming that kill rings are exclusive to german tanks? only King Tigers, maybe?