Small Arms....

Lanzfeld

Yes. What is more, you can order a soldier to switch to another gun type he have. For example if soldier have bazooka or PIAT he won't be shooting with it in to an enemy soldier, saving big rounds for a bigger targets, so he will took out his gun, or you may order to do so.

This is one of those things that really doesnt make sense to me.

Why in the world wouldnt you include a weapons chance of jamming in a game like this? Such a simple thing to include with a simple animation to clear a jam after a random time to simulate the jam?

I can't even compare it to not getting the floormats when you buy a new car. Its like the car company doesnt even make the floormats for your new car!

Focus on realism??? WTF???

No I will not forget about unjamming.

How many times has that all important vickers jammed at a critical moment in CM that REALLY made a big difference on whether or not an attack succeeded.

Please.....I know that a game cannot include everything but we are not talking the code to enter houses here we are talking about a much simpler and NEEDED aspect of tactical battles. The animations could be very simple or even none at all. I can't believe this was left out.

Makes you wonder what other little details are NOT in the game?

Like I said, that could be a misinterpretation. He may think that by small arms you mean rifles, pistols etc. Not MGs.

I think that not having an unjamming animation would go against their design philosophy for this game. But perhaps they could just have a generic unjamming animation, rather than an accurate animation for each weapon.

Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

Bummer.......

I see that many troops in the game have sidearms and backup weapons. I guess that is used just if they run out of ammo eh?

Most of the weapons the troops in this game were issued were sound weapons, save for maybe the Italians. Their weapons were old and awkward.

Yes we are all aware that every type of firearm can jam at one time or another.

But it is particulary important to simulate jamming of the machinegun which is the cornerstone of these weapons. The entire German squad was based around this pivitol weapon and, to a lesser extent, the US squads as well.

The Devs need to step in and answer this one please. Do LMG and crew HMGs jam at all? Like I said in a post above....how many times was this a factor in CM when you were covering an advancing squad with a vickers that suddenly jammed?!?!?! :eek: