Make a realistic AAR please

norman888

Someone needs to make a realistic AAR. All the ones I have seen so far are too gamey and NOT historically correct. 10m tank to tank battles, Poles overarmored, never the correct proportion of infantry, Char B tanks fighting with S-35's, He-111's bombing front-line troops etc.

Everytime I see a new AAR I fear the amount of realism that is actually in the game. Having all the realistic statistics in the world means nothing if they are not put to use in a historical context.

I sure hope time was put into the scenarios campaigns also.

Megakill,

Welcome back! As a general rule, I wouldn't expect

He-111s in a TOW battle. Exceptions would be a strike against a city like Stalingrad, railroad marshalling yards, assembly areas or other large area target. Part of the problem with having something like that in play is that it's used in mass and with its ordnance load really chews up

a lot of ground.

German early war CAS aircraft would be Ju-87, Hs-123, Me-110, transitioning to more survivable Ju-88s (dual level and dive bomber), ground attack FW-190s, and the relatively scarce Ju-87Gs, and Hs-129s. Please note that this is not heavily researched, but is concerned more with typical aircraft. With the chief exception of the Ju-88, the ordnance loads are much lighter than on the He-111, which reduces the likely impact on what are presently low level small scale battles, really more like skirmishes. Otherwise, airpower can easily become devastating.

Regards,

John Kettler

I saw a video and they were definately HE-111s flying CAS in a Polish scenario in TOW...But more of a concern is that they were called and arrived in less than a minute a la Codename Panzers...If you need the link I can hunt it down and post it. VERY "arcady"

Pre purchased air support arriving when it arrives a la CMXX would probably work better. The idea that they drop bombs re arm and return like in one of the videos, is ridiculous given the short time frame of an engagement. Do they even return for a 3rd bomb run in the polish AAR over at simHQ. Thats 3 bomb runs in a 38 minute game. I believe it was one of the developers that said they rearm and return if flak does not get them in the 200mb+ video. I hope air support is a buyable option and not scripted. For me personally, its wining on the ground that will make this game for me, not having Herman Georing do it for me.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

German early war CAS aircraft would be Ju-87, Hs-123, Me-110, transitioning to more survivable Ju-88s (dual level and dive bomber), ground attack FW-190s, and the relatively scarce Ju-87Gs, and Hs-129s. Please note that this is not heavily researched, but is concerned more with typical aircraft.

youre not totally off but please note that generally you do not have Ju-88 replacing Ju-87, Hs-123, Me-110. Dont carelessly mix / lump together SG, KG, JG etc.

Originally posted by Boosh:

Technically, isn't it:

St.G: Ju-87, Hs-123

KG: Bombers (Heinkel, Junkers 88)

ZG: Ground Attack (Me-110, Hs-129)

JG: Fighters, including Jabo units (109, 190)

Am I missing something?

SG mostly... for the moment lets ignore NSGs, SKGs and others.

you see, there are crossovers and evolution within that system.

most notably StGs often became SGs, KGs might become NJGs and similar.

but that is all moot considering we are talking about a game that has He-111 formations flying practically NOE while bombing, performing CAS dropping bombs right in front of the own troops at a minutes notice (literally!)

:rolleyes:

[ September 08, 2006, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: M Hofbauer ]