AAR continued...

BigCat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I don't think the buddies (w/ a turret) of the Ferdinand would try to save it. The Ferdinand might be stuck in the trench already, by the way. But even if the Ferdinand is disabled, it would take an infantry assault or a well placed 122mm or long barreled 57mm round to actually destroy it.

The Hummel in one of the other pictures is in for more trouble.

Originally posted by ComradeP:

Mines can't listen to commands, and I doubt most of them will be switched to "remote control" when placed.

wwwwoooooossssssshhhhh.

Originally posted by Arkel:

yes, you can even take first person view control of them

That is soooo coool.

All the best

Andreas

Well, I WAS going to post the link to the "How to Destroy the Ferdinand SPG" booklet from Battlefield.ru, but the graphic isn't there at the moment. The booklet was the official guidance on what to use against which part of the armored behemoth and was very detailed. Drat!

Regards,

John Kettler

What concerns me is there seems to be troops everwhere on the map, especially towards the end of the AAR, after three groups of reinforcements. Me thinks in such large maps, there's going to be numberous cases of pockets of troops becoming "forgotten" about. Which rarely happens in a Turn-based game like CM.

Prankster, this is highly unlikely due to the nifty icons which hover above each unit. They are clickable, meaning that you can jump across the entire map with a click, and if you turn them on (they're on by default) it's basically impossible to "forget" any of your guys.

Martin