Scale problem:- (

BCW

I know this wargame is not supposed to be like or is CM...but the scale of this wargame so far i've seen has been kinda dissapointing. I think this wargame will rock but it just seems to be too reminisent of "Battlefield 1942" in some ways; rather than taking it into a realistic more serious large command scale

Basicly I can see this wargame flop in some ways to the more grog like player or see it as a perfect success.

However this wargame will still ROCK!!!

I reason I said that Boosh is that it does have simularities...small amount of troop, RTS like controls, FPS like controls and views.

Of course I can't be sure(since the wargame isn't even done). But that's my opinion.

Originally posted by howardb:

I'm of the same impression although I'm hoping I'm wrong.

you mean it will be "kinda dissapointing" but also "this wargame will rock"

and that "this wargame (will) flop" or be "a perfect success"....but even if it flops and disappoints it "will still ROCK!!!" ?

Hmm.

Personally I think ToW will be much much better than all those games out there that are much worse.

Melosine

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by howardb:

I'm of the same impression although I'm hoping I'm wrong.

you mean it will be "kinda dissapointing" but also "this wargame will rock"

and that "this wargame (will) flop" or be "a perfect success"....but even if it flops and disappoints it "will still ROCK!!!" ?

Hmm.

Personally I think ToW will be much much better than all those games out there that are much worse.

Melosine </font>

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

But, you said it was Perfect

If you're refering to me I said I wanted it to be as realistic as possible. I've also recently discovered you can't enter buildings, there's no onboard mortar units, engagement ranges seems a bit short (this might even be overblown critique) and no ability to dig-in materiel or infantry. I guess there's a few more that I can't remember atm.

I think BFC-Steve sums it up pretty good:

Is ToW the be-all-end-all game for the most serious wargamer? No. Is is close enough for the serious wargamer to be thrilled with it? You bet.
Based on what I've seen so far this is definately not CM regarding realism, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a great and fun game. Given time there's no reason whatsoever this game couldn't par CM on a realism scale. Just give us the game already and put out an addon or a few realism patches later.

Lastly I'm not so stupid that I forget who my friends are. It's not like I got dozens of good wargames to play these days. Most of the games today are dumbed down for the average joe with hitpoints and resource gathering. Like I said before any criticism on my part is based upon love and not intended to be ill-natured at all.

Will I ever be pleased with the realism in a wargame? Probably not.

Originally posted by BCW:

Perfect in most ways.

It will rock to play...but there will always be that problem of smallness. You can disagree, but no need to be rude.

Shocking Most you WW2 game chaps are very rude!

agreed, I disagree that some of the chaps here are rude but they ROCK, mind you.

;)

Shocking Most you WW2 game chaps are very rude!

Only the ones that fought in the war. Emrys, Hofbauer and the Gnome and their mates.

The rest of us are just adorable.

Apart from the French.

And the bloody Swedes, you cant forget about the Swedes. Even if you wanted to...

The more modern the wargame, the Harsher it gets on forums. It's a fact!

That makes sense.

It was very hard to make a post when they were discussing the Second Punic War back in 180BC.

BCW,

I don't think their is a need for racial jokes at all!
Don't worry, it is all made in good fun. If it was not intended that way we would issue a warning and threaten people with banishment. And you must forgive Jussi. He is Finnish :D

Seriously though, the international "rib poking" makes for good camaraderie. It is a way this very international Forum becomes closer, like friends do. I mean, you make fun of your best friend sometimes, don't you? I know the Australians do. They even have a dictionary just for friendly insults ;)

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I mean, you make fun of your best friend sometimes, don't you? I know the Australians do. They even have a dictionary just for friendly insults ;)

And a mouthguard for the follow up punch. ;)