No More ORDERS PHASE like Combat Mission?

grimtooth

Hey guys,

After scrolling thru the TOW forum (reading the reports) and drooling over the TOW graphics. I was wondering if ORDERS PHASE could be inplemented? You know the old "end of tactical turn and watch the fireworks begin mode". That is one of my favorite features of CM series.

A pause mode is good but not great, too many frustrations. I much prefer to have the ol' 60 seconds combat video.

This is not CM, this game has absolutely nothing to do with CM.

It's being developed by Russian developer 1C Games, makers of IL-2 Sturmovik.

Battlefront is publishing it and helping with the final phases of development.

It's real-time, not turn-based. No such thing as orders phase or anything like that I'm afraid.

:D

Putting an Orders Phase into ToW would be about as easy as making CMx1 games have a RealTime option. And by "easy" I mean impossible :D

ToW is inherently a real time game. CMx1 is inherently turn based. CMx2 is also inherently real time. However, the game was coded from the very start to understand the concept of turns, and therefore can be played in turns. ToW comes from a flight simulator engine and with different design goals than CM, so there is no reason for it to be turn based.

Life is so much more interesting when things are different, so enjoy the diverse offerings we have for you ;)

Steve

why would you want an orders phase? my beef with igo-ugo is that it is inherently unreal in that you have all the time you want to plan your next coruse of action. i dare anyone to find field commanders in all of history who have had that luxury. battle is dynamic and there was no pause button at kursk either. you can't undo or start over. whish is why the arguments about weapon load outs and penetration tables and making fun of other RTS' as "unreal" seem equally absurd to me. relax guys it's just a game. a very cool one, but you still get to sleep in your bed when you're done.