Has anyone asked? Horses? Motorcycles?

Sequoia

Megakill,

Motorcycles with MG armed sidecars? Please! These would be great for all the early war scenarios as light recon units. Believe the Germans, and for sure the Russians, had light mortars/grenade throwers with their motorcycle recon forces (p. 128 of Hogg's GRENADES & MORTARS for a pic of the latter; can't tell whether the motorcycle has a sidecar). The Russians had motorcycle recon troops clear to the end of the war.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

Okay, I'll buy it if for no other reason that it has armed motorcycle sidecars. Seriously.

That's very kind of you.

Guys, let's put more of these units into a couple of missions and sell the game at 499,99$ :D

Megakill,

That or a tank to avoid parking problems! Have also found "proof" the Americans were not completely motorized. Bet they kept this out of the newsreels! Please have competent medical help standing by.

http://www.ceris-normandie.com/archivesnormandie/PhotosHD/p012295.jpg

Were we premature in shooting our cavalry horses?

This suggests so.

http://www.ceris-normandie.com/archivesnormandie/PhotosHD/p012354.jpg

BTW, I posted a great thread regarding the 101st Airborne on the CMAK board. Don't know whether any of your scenarios cover American airborne, but if so, what I've posted is a must see. Gets into the nitty gritty of how they were organized, what they wore, what they carried, weapon peculiarities (no BARs, .30 cal LMG teams instead) and much more.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ August 02, 2006, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

Okay, I'll buy it if for no other reason that it has armed motorcycle sidecars. Seriously.

That's very kind of you.

Guys, let's put more of these units into a couple of missions and sell the game at 499,99$ :D </font>

Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Darren J Pierson:

That's very kind of you.

Guys, let's put more of these units into a couple of missions and sell the game at 499,99$ :D </font>