Ships or Boats

JohnO

hehee, i was hoping for this questions. Units seem VERY intelligent about pathfinding and if the water is shallow enough, they will ford across.

Not sure if they can get stuck or not, but I did see a Pz III (i think it was) have trouble going up the reverse slope after he crossed a shallow stream... Then again it could have been because I flanked him with my KV-1 and was pumping rounds into his hull.... ;)

By the way, the sounds of vehicle engines in this sim are amazing. You can actually hear engines sputter and stall, rev up and down and work hard as they move their metal masters around the battlefield.

I am really going to want some *alone time* with their sound engineer so i can incorporate the same into CMSF! ;)

The eagle eyed among you might have noticed a speedometer as part of the vehicle interface. With that you can actually see as the vehicles shift gears as they drive around. Very cool.

Madmatt

I think that currently it is bridges and shallow water only. No boats.

There are a lot of units that didn't actually made in the initial game (even though they are completely finished). Boats, armoured trains, and many other units. I smell an addon :)

Originally posted by Megakill:

I think that currently it is bridges and shallow water only. No boats.

There are a lot of units that didn't actually made in the initial game (even though they are completely finished). Boats, armoured trains, and many other units. I smell an addon :)

sweet.... oh yeah i've been following this ever since i bought Il2 and came across screenshots of it on an Il2 fansite. tho the nbame of it escapes me. i then followed it into Codemasters where the "official" name changed twice. and i magically found it again. please stick around. Battlefront's rep is awesome as far as wargames are concerned (imho) and i am building a monster rig to play this on.

bring it on!

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Is it just me or is the size of the cruiser messed up relative to the trees?

That's one of the famous Soviet pocket-cruisers. In river warfare standard doctrine was to hide behind trees, hence the size. Then again I could be wrong :D

I think the "entering buildings" thing has been done to death in another thread or three.

But I noticed on the 1C website a screen shot of a watch tower. Is it possible to put troops up in these watch tower / guard tower things and benefit from enhanced LOS?

Originally posted by Megakill:

I am affraid watchtower is yet another building.

Guess this is a legacy of previous builds when we were experimenting with soldiers inside buildings.

Thanks for the quick reply. This game looks like it will be great from the outset, and only get better as the add-ons arrive. smile.gif

We have created so many assets for the game... Lord, we already have stuff for a dozen addons...

Armoured trains, medics, radio controlled tank mines, Berlin map with all historical buildings, etc, etc... Let us finish the main game first and we will jump back into development to bring more goodies...