Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Star Trek Teaser

I have been working on a few projects but all of them have been pushed down the queue in favour of a MOD that I have been dying to do since I started the War of the Worlds MOD: Star Fleet Battles!

SFB.jpg

Coming this Christmas to a computer near you!

[ November 03, 2007, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Moonslayer ]

After a long day I have completed most of the graphics for the ships... Just a dodgy looking d'deridex class warbird to redo tomorrow as it looks a little too cartoony at present.

All but the Klingon ground troops are completed and the tiles are all done.

Graphically all I have to do is finish the resource/terrain tiles and complete the map. Then the flags and the interface will require a week or so's work.

Sound files and media images will take a couple of weeks to complete and then the task of scripting will commence.

I think only light scripting will do for now as this is only meant as a light introductory scenario. Plans are already under way for the next instalment if this one gets much interest.

PS something tells me that you guys are, unhealthily, fond of seafood... either that or you just don't appreciate classic sci-fi ;)

The project is potentially huge so I plan on doing this over several smaller scenarios. This first one is very abstract with planets simply being represented as islands in an 'ocean' of space. Ground and air forces will be strictly sidelined in favour of naval (read: Spaceship) combat.

Future scenarios I have planed include several 'worlds' separated by space so that ground troops become much more important.

This scenarios a voyage of discovery for me to see just what the editor is capable of. It's also a good excuse to make some cool spaceship sprites ;)

Originally posted by Moonslayer:

Space Sharks, eh? Looks like I have a new race to work on ;)

Not really, I remember one episode where there was this giant space creature and one of the babies was following the enterprise thinking it was its mother and sucking off the energy.

The parent was huge and could have possibly destroyed the ship.

I too, remember that episode... now if only I can get an image of it to help make the sprite......... ;)

As an additional teaser here are the ship sprites so far. Some of them need a little extra work but they are more or less complete now.

the_ships.jpg

[ November 06, 2007, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Moonslayer ]

• 2 weeks later...