NEW TIP IN EDITOR !

In work for my Falklands Mod, I was searching to have aircrafts on sea.

First, I tried to change carriers in aircrafts, but AI was very slow( due to the great number of naval units to administer).

Second, I tried to use ground invisible islands. But they were cut of capital and units on these zones were not very "full action" and not very oft used by AI

Third, I tried to create ground zones relied with capitol. It worked good, but it was not very "beautiful" on map.

Four... I founded the exact solution !! : I just created a "Argentin air forces climat", that was "desertic". So, I have created ground desertics zones on maps, after to have change all "100 % ground desertic zones" in false sea in the file "Tile_sprites". On each "invisible desertic ground zone (false sea), I have placed an invisble town for supply, and all these "invisible desertic grounds are relied to argentin capitol in left edge of map : so, supply of my argentin aircrafts is 100% and AI use them very strongly !! tongue.gif

At result, I have fantastic "argentin air forces entries" on map, that allow argentins aircrafts (air fleets) to move on sea (but this sea is in reality "invisible desertic ground").

So, with this little tip, you may create scenarios or mods with "air-naval" units without having a slow AI in turn.

Demo here :

tippk3.jpg

I have tested the tip for a battle in Falklands, and it works very fun : argentin air fleet move and fight on sea as it was ground, and these "full supply" units are very agressive. In my test battle, Falklands will be reconquered at 8 Juin 1982, but british naval losses (destroyers and frigates) were 40%, due to the very hard agressivity of argentin air forces ... :rolleyes:

This solution would be fun if used for a "Pacific campaign", and would allow to evoid very long time AI during his turn (in my test, there were some 50 air argentins air units at map and argentin AI have never taken more than 1 minute or 1,5 minute to play his turn (with the same number of air-naval units, a AI turn would have need 5 or 6 minutes, or more). You will be able to try the system when the french beta version of my mod will be complete (end of year, I think, or January 2007) ;)