Land Convoy Scripting?

I'm trying to create a script that will account for the Vichy French occupational payments that were made yearly after the fall of France. (There's a great white paper on the topic at Berkeley: LINK )

Essentially, the payments sent from Vichy France to Germany were incredibly significant and a major funding source for the war. While the amounts increased to over 50% of the country's GDP, the average yearly payment was more like one third prior to the invasion.

I thought the best and easiest way to do this would be to use a convoy script, using the City of Marseilles or the port at Toulon as the originating source point. I figured I would use any German city as the destination point. But now I understand that convoy source points must be ports, and waypoints must be sea tiles.

Ok you script wizards... how do I tackle this one? Is there a way for land convoy scripting? This is what I had in mind, but it won't work:

; Vichy French Occupation Payments to Germany

; Payments begin at 30% Axis allied

; {

; #NAME= Vichy French Occupation Payments

; #POPUP= Vichy French Occupational Payments To Germany Begin

; #FLAG= 1

; #TYPE= 2

; #COUNTRY_ID= 44

; #TRANSFER_ID= 5

; #COUNTRY_ID_TRIGGER= 30

; #TRANSFER_ID_TRIGGER = 75

; #PERCENTAGE= 33

; #SPRING_REDUCTION= 75

; #SUMMER_REDUCTION= 100

; #FALL_REDUCTION= 75

; #WINTER_REDUCTION= 50

; #SOURCE_PORT= 70,23

; #DESTINATION_PORT= 76,16

; #WAYPOINT= 70,21

; #WAYPOINT= 74,19

; #WAYPOINT= 74,17

; }

Perhap's 'Land Convoy Scripts' need to be seriously considered!.

Shouldn't...the usability of them become a reality?. Land Convoy's were critical in many instance's during WW2!. The 'Red-Ball-Express' ... was a massive convoy effort to supply the Allied armies moving through Europe. It was the most important factor in the rapid defeat of the German Army.

trucks.jpg

Trucks used in the Red Ball Express

---The above effort is already simulated somewhat in the game already, but, as hinted at in the previous post, from time to time there may be a need for this capability!.

Also,...what about the 'Burma Road' ?.

Use the port of Marseilles as the source. Create a German port on the Baltic that lines up as close as possible with a straight line of tiles. Call it Rostok or Stettin or Pinemunda or something. If one waypoint is needed, use a point in the Baltic or Med. I did this for my Romania to Germany convoy.

Red Ball Express:

It worked well out as far as about Paris. When fall rolled around, roads became mired, the truck used for shipping supplies were breaking down at an alarming rate (being used 24/7), and they eventually were using most of the fuel for the trucks of Red Ball instead of at the front. This made for the decision to try Operation Market-Garden, and taking Antwerp was a necessity for operation into Germany.