ATI RADEON FOG/ WHAT CARD TO USE?

Hello everyone, I've been reading these posts for quite some time, but this is my first post...

I am aware of the graphics (fog) limitations of my Radeon 9000 AGP. I get no fog whatsoever. This issue is still unresolved, correct?

In annoyance I suppose I must replace my new video card... I see from other posts that the Nvidia cards are the way to go? I saw many errors on the troubleshooting boards for CMBB, are they all fixable?

I was wondering the best AGP card in the $100 to $150 range that will actually display the came correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, I'm considering getting a PCI Nvidia 64mb card to run next to my ATI AGP. I am almost positive looking at my motherboard BIOS docs that it can do it (run two video cards independantly).

I'm looking at an MX440 to run just for CM.

Mike

The FX's are only the latest/current line of GeForces. Despite being newer, they sometimes were a bit slower than the previous generation GeForce 4's (the FX 5200 & 5600 being the primary culprits). The only benefits some of them offered were DirectX 9 compatibility.

With the latest drivers the FX series is fine by most accounts (though I would recommend that you avoid the 5200's). You can also find some GeForce Ti 4 series cards on eBay, which would be more than adequate for the current CM series (caveat emptor with eBay however).

Recommendations on a videocard will depend on what kind of money you want to spend and what system you have. You can read user reviews of videocards at Newegg, though you're going to see a wide variety of opinions that may not be wholly accurate or without bias.

[ April 18, 2004, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Thanks, yeah, I the PC was fine with both cards up, but XP was not- just a different hardware selection at boot now to select the card to start windows with. I did get the 440 and I have fog... and oh yes it's worth $100 to me! smile.gif

I just have to figure out why it is scrolling so slow now... I think I saw some other posts on that though. I'll look them up.

See ya-- Mike