CMC and CMX2 ?

I'm sure the CMC team realises that CMBB will be dated by the time CMC is released, but I'm speculating that once the work is done, it wouldn't be that difficult to modify the structure of the game for CMX2 games? Of course Battle Front would have to get involved with some coding changes to the CMX2 game again as well.

One might want to consider the possibility that CMX1 and CMX2 are being done from radically different code; were that true, the interface necessary to adapt CM:C to one or the other would be understandably different as well. I'm not sure I understand blanket "wouldn't be that difficult" statements.

If it was easy, what possible reason would there be for delay? I mean, last I checked BF.C was out to make money...not sit on their projects just to spite people who dared show an interest in their projects. Makes no sense to me.

SPWAW and CLOSE COMBAT origionals are already dated and they are being played more than your run of the mill lame productions like TOW and upcoming CM:SF will be. Dated does not mean bad or unplayed. Many still play the old dated games as opposed to the crap released nowadays. I certainly do and my gaming group certainly does. We don't play these kidde clickfest games either. We play adult wargamer games. CMC will be welcomed and outsell CM:SF and TOW combined when/if it's ever released. Probably spark new life into CMBB and increase sales of it after CMC is released. Even bundle paks will be bought I'm sure.