CMC News Page

Smithers

Originally posted by Smithers:

Is there any chance some form of news update can be done? Even if the only "news" happens to be that someone still breathing is working on the project? :rolleyes:

"News

Friday, October 7th, 2005 :(

Official Combat Mission Campaigns Website Opens

Hunting Tank Software in conjunction with Battlefront.com are thrilled to announce Combat Mission Campaigns, a thrilling Operational level game set during the Eastern Front of WWII..

Combat Mission Campaigns expands the scope and scale of CMBB in a unique and innovative way and gives the Combat Mission player.............."

This game could easily be the answer to all my prayers. There is no other serious WW2 simulation on the horizon now that CMx2 is modern warfare. (at least that I'm aware of)

From what I'm reading, it would seem that ToW has been dissapointment for most hardcore CM players.

I was looking at some of MikeyD's HiRes tank mods the other day and I think they rival anything in ToW. A strategic layer is the only thing missing from CMBB.

Any news, update/outlook would be so welcome for desperate WW2 gameer like myself.

Thanks,

-Zach

[ April 23, 2007, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Directive#21 ]

and I think they rival anything in ToW
With respect to MikeyD, I have to disagree.

The comparison is like a highly detailed 1/76th scale for hi-res mods in CM vs a highly detailed 1/48th for ToW. No matter how detailed the 1/76 model, you just can't fit as much on.

ToW really is a very pretty game, but really just a taste of what next gen CM games might be like.