Communication delay?

Shmavis

• The ability to send messages in between commanders, including the delay of those messages based on communication mechanisms used.
I noticed this in the features section. Does this apply to human players? For example, if one human company commander's communication equipment(or methods, if no equipment is available) is less than efficient, will he receive a delay penalty if he tries to send a message to another human or AI player? Or does this just affect how long it will take Company A to, say, advance to the ridge that the battalion commander has designated on the game map? Ah, crap. I'm starting to confuse myself now.

[ October 14, 2005, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: Shmavis ]

Originally posted by Shmavis:

Let me try to clarify: Does this delay apply to Human maneuver element players who want to send a message to the overall commander on their side?

"• The ability to send messages in between commanders, including the delay of those messages based on communication mechanisms used."

Based on this, I would say yes. Can't see any reason why not, if they implemented comm delay between manuever element commanders.

The whole command delay system is indeed pretty refined in CMC. You have various means of communication assigned to units: phone, vehicle, motorcyle, halftrack, ski, rider and runner. Effecivity depends also on if you're moving or not (especially for radio).

So if HQ sends you an order via motorcycle, you might get it fairly quickly. If you want to report a spotted enemy but only have a runner, that will take a "bit" longer.

All of this applies to human and AI controlled units alike.

Martin