Battle Generator

Raton

In the operational map, are the units movement plotted?, its a we go system?. If, as I suspect, the answer is yes, how the battles are generated?. Units coming at the battle area a bit later will join the engaging units as reinforces?. How is determinated the battle lenght?. How long is needed to wait until the next battle?...

What a wonderfull new, i wont play a ME never more smile.gif

Originally posted by Raton:

In the operational map, are the units movement plotted?, its a we go system?. If, as I suspect, the answer is yes, how the battles are generated?. Units coming at the battle area a bit later will join the engaging units as reinforces?. How is determinated the battle lenght?. How long is needed to wait until the next battle?...

What a wonderfull new, i wont play a ME never more smile.gif

Actually you are getting ready to play a lot of Meeting Engagements. Most battle in WWII were and for gaming purposes the more exciting battles will be the fluid ones. Or in CMBB terms ME's... :D

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Actually you are getting ready to play a lot of Meeting Engagements. Most battle in WWII were and for gaming purposes the more exciting battles will be the fluid ones. Or in CMBB terms ME's... :D

I wonder if that really is so? In my view real meeting engagements were unusual, except within mechanized forces due to their high mobility, like in parts of the battle of Kursk (but even in Kursk, the majority of action was of an attack-defend type). Yet the other battles often were fluid as well, as a successful attack often was followed by a counter-attack, but meeting engament might be a misleading term for those.

But personal playstyle (via the operational backdrop) will matter here.

Originally posted by Hunter:

Yes, yes, yes. Time left in turn (normally 60 min turns) = battle length. Next turn can be a new battle.

So if the AI determines that two units have "met" and will fight, with say 10 minutes left in the 60 minute turn, it is a 10 minute battle?

How does the next 60 minute turn fold into the battle - do more troops arrive if you direct them to in the new turn (assuming they are close enough to arrive inside 60 minutes)?

How do battles end? Surrender, cease-fire or anhiliation? Or when the turn finishes?

Does the system lend itlef to feeding more and more troops into a battle as they arrive in the area?

And thanks again for creating this!!

Well, more question about a little bug that could have more importance now.

When you play an attack, the points used by the defender are directly added to the victory points of the attacker (as casualties done, i think). Actually it coulld be a 7% or 8%.

But now, in the campaign, we could have a really fortified position, so the attacker could get a good bunch of victory points (and being considered as casualties).

How will be managed that "casualties", how will be determinated the victory, just by flags or by victory degrees?

Originally posted by Raton:

Well, more question about a little bug that could have more importance now.

When you play an attack, the points used by the defender are directly added to the victory points of the attacker (as casualties done, i think). Actually it coulld be a 7% or 8%.

But now, in the campaign, we could have a really fortified position, so the attacker could get a good bunch of victory points (and being considered as casualties).

How will be managed that "casualties", how will be determinated the victory, just by flags or by victory degrees?

Yeah, this bug (or feature? :D ) is present only in CMBB and it is very annoying!!! It would be nice if a few bugs were fixed by a 'little' patch... :D:D