Two things that aggrevate me (and its not the game itself)

Im trying to really like this game (thanks BFC for keeping up the hard work on updates)

BUT

whenever I play a scenario two things usually happen as soon as I hit the go button either

I lose half my forces as my setup zone is in LOS of the enemy

or my troops start to move and they immediately start to get hit by ARTY and I lose a bunch of men

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO MANUVER OR MOVEMENT TO CONTACT?????

I'm surprised you're losing alot of troops to artillery, especially against the AI. Usually people complain about how ineffective AI artillery is. I can't think of a scenario that directly targets the setupzone in a big way (except a couple scenarios I've done ;) ). With the game's artillery assets a scenario designer could end a game REAL quick if he wanted to.

I'd almost bet you're commenting/complaining about a scenario of mine. I have this perverse love for watching Red artillery rockets ruin my day. :rolleyes:

Thats my second biggest complaint about the campaign.

The first is the location of spawning enemy reinforcements. Nothing like carefully moving your light forces forward only to have them wiped out when 4 tanks magically appear.

Most of the campaign missions spawn reinforcements in full LOS of where your forces are going to be. At least spawn them behind a hill and have them roll over it.

I hope BFC doesn't make the same mistakes with the Marine campaign.

...Marine campaign.
another NATO/US campain!? basicly more of the same, hm!?

i hoped that at some point we get a RED campain, constantly avoiding total destruction is a different challenge than moping up again.

Most of the campaign missions spawn reinforcements in full LOS of where your forces are going to be.
also in Following the Eupharates are tanks spawned 400m away from you in plain sight.

actually thats a hinderance to RED insted of BLUE. enemy reinforcements spawning are mostly anihlated in 30 or less seconds if you secure possible reinforcements locations, if not you should do it.

the tanks spwned in Following the Euphartes didnt survived longer than 30 seconds in sight of the abrams, MGS and javelins.

so its actually in favour of RED to not present em on the silver dish for the US like that.

i never felt bad when a red reinforcement arived like that, at least they arent able to cause trouble(lets say iam an old spawn camper :D ).

although i would also like to suggest the BFC scenariodesigners to take more care of that. becouse we "want" more trouble :D

Well, whether it benefits red or blue frequently depends on the situation. I was watching my friend play and he advanced pretty far with his M1s . . . only to have a T-72 appear literally 50 m away from him and destroy him instantly. Also, I've moved up infantry to the final objective line in one of the campaign missions and was waiting for something to happen, because it seemed I had killed all the enemies. Then, again, 4-5 Syrian tanks appear under 100 m away from my infantry and shred them. Whatever the reason, I would also like BFC to fix that if possible.

heckler_rider

As you said, it's not the game itself. That's solely the responsibility of the scenario designer. Why not fire up something different and see how you enjoy it then. I'm more like you, I prefer to move to contact first rather than start in LoS of the enemy. But sometimes, that's what the scenario designer wants to happen and it can be a lot of fun to play too. It can be very exciting...

As for the artillery thing, the AI artillery MUST fire everything it's got about 30 seconds after the scenario starts so there's not much a scenario designer can do with it if it's not targeting set up zones. I tend to use it to restrict a players movement or for terrain denial but after it starts firing, there's no secret anymore and there's simply no point in trying to do anything beyond that with it.