Option 1 or option 2

Omenowl

My main issue is the amount of time I spent screwing around with CMSF. Steve kept saying we didn't get it, and I kept trying to get it. That is the time I feel I'll never get back. I have limited time for my hobby. I was flying back from China right after the release and played CMSF for the whole trip. I wish I had done something else. This was 1.01 so to me I spent most of my time trying to figure out what was a bug and what was a feature.

In the end, its not the $60, its the time I feel I have wasted. I do have some fun with CMSF, but it is more frustrating than fun now.

Originally posted by Omenowl:

I admit CMSF has problems and I think they are being worked on.

So the real question is Knowing what you know now:

If you knew in July you had 2 choices between getting the game at the beginning of August at 1.01 or waiting until November with 1.04 which would you have picked?

I am just as much a naysayer as the next guy, but why don't you post in one of the other five or so "CMSF is good/crap" threads just on the first page of the forum?

What do you hope to achieve by your post? Incidentally, which option did you take? Would you do the same again?

What do you hope to achieve by your post? Incidentally, which option did you take? Would you do the same again?
The question is intended to see how the forum looked before the game was released and post release. All I saw on the forums is release it now, I can't wait, etc. Now I see a large number say it should have waited.

As for myself it is not the patches as several scenarios such as Allah's fist and a few other ones are less urban combat and more open combat, which work just fine in CMSF. The squad needs more work, but no where does it limit me from having massive armored combats.

I would have waited mostly so the mod community would have time to create scenarios, etc. Patch 1.01 or Patch 1.06 is irrelevant without the mod community there to support the product. It is one reason I loved CMx1. I personally am glad it came out sooner so the mod community can do their thing.

So the real question is Knowing what you know now
"As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know".

DHR - Dept. of Defence, news briefing - Feb.12,2002

I think the release of CM:SF clearly falls into this category.

David

Originally posted by thewood:

I am ususally here checking for a patch. It takes me 5 minutes to read the board and post. I would think that BFC would be thankful I am still interested enough to post. So why don't YOU stop posting and play the game. Or are you just as obsessed with defending it.

I'm not defending anything. It was a joke - that's what the smiley signifies. Relax a little - not everybody is out to make a point all the time. :D