AI plan questions

v 1.07 observation:

I created scenario, where 2 tanks advance with a few squads of soldiers. They were going to small forest, open area with small one storey building and and to village with several one storey buildings and 2 two storey building..

* Soldiers were without problems in forest, tanks find their way also, but sometimes like going around and show their back…

* In open area soldier occupied the building and open terrain like it was painted, the tanks stopped on different areas...

* In village I painted only houses and 2 squares in open terrain between the buildings where I wanted to park the tanks. It works, but with small problems. Together with tanks also two squads of infantry parked in open with them… Later when tanks came under fire they survived, but not the soldiers. By the way they were HQ units…

My question is, is it possible in current state to plan for AI where the tanks to park exactly and without infantry? Its possible by creating two separate groups of course, but then its extremely difficult to create correct timing… so I am asking about the plan for mixed group.

To make AI plans more precisely it will be good to have yellow fields like general plan for group with possibility of dark yellow fields only for vehicles without squads for exact positioning – just small idea.

Thanx.

Thanks for answer, but as i wrote : "Its possible by creating two separate groups of course, but then its extremely difficult to create correct timing…"

* this way you told me is making plans double... if i have 3 groups with tanks in every group i must then separate them and create 6 plans... and timing is difficult... I painted houses where i wanted the soldiers and one square for tanks... the problems i wanted to point at is, that one squad instead of going to the buildings occupy this small square with the tank and later suffer damage...

I get a bit frustrated by the AI's occassional refusal to use buildings in their set-up/objective zones. Especially as the side in the buildings now enjoys an advantage since 1.06. And this advantage will be improved upon with 1.08 I believe.

Perhaps they could include another parameter in the AI programming interface to tell the AI to 'ignore/partially occupy/wholly occupy' buildings in the objective zones, rather like the 'mixed/upper/lower/roof' setting.