modules special forces

RommL

Howdy Romml!

Hmmm... Russian Spetznaz fighting in Syria... would they be fighting with us or against us? I suppose with Putin in power they wouldn't likely be with us. There are cool black-clad Syrian Special forces in the game, dial 'em up to elite and you'll have a fight on your hands.

They've always had 2 problems including 'Special-Ops' style special forces in the CM franchise. First, its kind'a difficult to get a proper TO&E of those guys, they're a bit on the secretive side. Second, they mostly rely on stealth & surprise. A stealthy game is going to be boring for one side. And its kind'a hard to build-in surprise with the clock ticking down. Once stealth & surprise is gone all you've got left is a stand-up infantry fight.

But larger organization 'specialized' forces might be doable, CMAK had 10th Mtn Division and CMBB had its Patrisans. But these aren't exactly 'Black Ops' insertion forces.

[Hah! I just read that link above and I had apparently posted a similar response way back in 2005! :D ]