Red Air Support problem

I'm sure you'll want to change this sometime in the future. :D At present, when the Syrians ARE given air support by the scenario designer absolutely anybody and his brother can call it in EXCEPT the FO.

I was puzzled when it wasn't available to my FO unit but when I clicked on an HQ unit, it became available. And then again with a squad and then with an AT team. That's fine for the US but it feels a bit weird as the Syrian side.

I've been having fun mix & matching sides. In one of my scenarios I've got Syrian special forces playing Blackwater mercenaries for the Blue side. its a hoot to have them hop into a Stryker and retrieve a Javelin smile.gif

Haven't dared mix artillery and airpower though. Syrians have such a different spotting chain-of-command. I recall one 3rd party scenario i was playing my Syrian FO got killed off early and I was stuck until an American Humvee inexplicably arrived as a Red reinforcement. I immeidately bailed the crew and used them as spotters since they were the only guys with access!

Can't exactly blame BFC for this when we're the ones twisting the deployment rules so badly :rolleyes:

Marwek77 aka Red Reporter:

Its so difficult to repaint AH-64 blue badge to Mi-24 red one?

Yeah, I'd like to see something like that implemented too. However, it probably won't happen because SF is really about a lightning campaign in Syria in which the Syrian Air Force is knocked out on the first day. We can create scenarios in which Red force fight with other red forces but to do it, we have to use the US air units.

I don't think Battlefront are going to budge on this issue. It's a bit of a shame because it does cramp the creative abilities of scenario designers somewhat. But I understand that there's only so much that they can do and this is a bit of a fringe issue. There are probably a LOT of people in this forum who'd like to see some Red air power included later just for such situations.

I'd settle for access to be denied to all but HQ units. At the moment, I have a self-imposed restriction where only the Syrian HQ's can do even if the squads can too.

Anyway, using the US air power what would be the rough equivilants for the Syrians, anybody?