I Love My Cigar, But Even the Peng Challenge Takes It Out of Its Mouth Now and Then..

In keeping with the ideal that "I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member", it's time for our annual Pledge Drive!

That's right, all you useless shower of idjits from the Outerboards, it's your time to shine! Step up, step up, and be counted! Where have you all gone?! Where are you now? What are you touching, and why? What are you kissing, and when?

We're moving right into the Holidays, don't you know, when posting from the usual gang of suspects slows down a bit. So, post away. Tell us what you think of the Peng Challenge Thread. Don't be shy! This is your chance.

We're wrapping up the year. Another year of the longest running sodding Thread on the Combat Mission Forums. Time for everyone who hates it to weigh in with their hate. Time for those who love it tell us why they love it. Time for absent friends to chime in, for absent enemies to step in and cast fecal matter.

There are rules, you know. Sod 'em! There are hierarchies, but they're in abeyance. Tell us what you really think.

The Challenge, for this incarnation, is to tell us what you think of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Justicar, it is Saturnalia! The usual rules of order do not apply. The only Challenge, during this period, is to the Peng Challenge Thread itself!

So, if you come here, tell us what you think. We treasure every word from your lips, be it pearl or toad. Blooming rose or coffin nail.

We breathlessly await your impressions.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start out: I'm working assiduously to keep this Thread alive simply to annoy. Not just you lot of tossers, but to annoy, continuously and forever, MrPeng.

Because I love that bastard. Every day that he wakes up, I want him to think:

That goddamn Thread is still out there.

He's my Ahab.

Call me Ishmael.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Call me Ishmael.

Actually, you remind me more of the whale: blanched, pudgy, shapeless, malevolent. I could go on, but you should all have the picture by now. Let's just stick a harpoon in Seanachai and get it over with. Maybe he'll take Peng down with him. what a wonderful twofer that would be, and just in time for Christmas!

Michael

Posted by Boo.

I was (of course) correct.

This is turn 18, not turn 7 as that lying imbecile Noba stated.

Is he not pathetic?

Does it not feel that we have only just started?

Your incompetence is shining like a beacon pointing the way to your demise.

Noba.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Justicar, it is Saturnalia! The usual rules of order do not apply. The only Challenge, during this period, is to the Peng Challenge Thread itself!

I feel the need to steal a scene from that best of all science fiction TV shows, the immortal Firefly.

Specifically, that scene from "Objects in Space", where upon hearing the commotion from the bounty hunter above decks, Jayne wakes up, rips the blanket covering his arsenal of guns away, covers himself with that blanket... and goes back to sleep.

That is the level of action I feel this pronouncement of Seanachai's deserves.

And by the way, Olde Man, if it's too bloody cold to paddle your little canoe, why don't you sent me a bleedin' TURN???!?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And by the way, Olde Man, if it's too bloody cold to paddle your little canoe, why don't you sent me a bleedin' TURN???!?

Why doesn't he just take it out to the ski slopes?

Watching Seanachai trying to do paddle turns while slaloming around the lifts could be amusing.

And on the plus side, it'll all turn out badly. Just ask anybody from Wisconsin.

Thus spake Seanachai: Justicar, it is Saturnalia! The usual rules of order do not apply.
USUAL Rules? YOU, who have abjured rules from the first day they were posted have the NERVE to suggest that the USUAL rules do not apply?

Bah! This is yet another transparent and conspiratorial effort to DO AWAY WITH THE RULES ENTIRELY. Depend upon it fellow CessPudlians.

First they will say that the USUAL rules don't apply due to a special day ... and you won't object because you don't recognize that special day, then they'll say that the usual rules don't apply if you're a Squire ... and since you're not a Squire you won't object. Next they'll claim that the usual rules aren't in effect for Australians and since you're not an Australian you won't complain. Then they'll state that the usual rules don't apply to YOU ... but by then they won't apply to ANYONE ... and it'll be too late.

It's a slippery slope my friends ... we must be ever vigilant to protect the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

THEY'LL TAKE MY RULES WHEN THEY PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

Joe

Originally posted by Noba:

No. That's why I originally said that it seemed like we'd been playing longer, Mr. Attention-span-of-a-hummingbird-on amphetamines.

Noba.

And your head is like a large weather balloon, filled with the collected excrements of vegetable-eating ruminants suffering from colonic disorders.

Originally posted by Leeo:

I've been sick. Spewing, sweating, sleeping, soreness. However, even in the depths of lethargic malaise, I wasn't a fraction as sick as you lot of tossers. I hate you.

Well if you have that much hate, you namby-pamby, you should be able to send a turn, no matter how sick you are.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

No. That's why I originally said that it seemed like we'd been playing longer, Mr. Attention-span-of-a-hummingbird-on amphetamines.

Noba.

And your head is like a large weather balloon, filled with the collected excrements of vegetable-eating ruminants suffering from colonic disorders. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

First they will say that the USUAL rules don't apply due to a special day ... and you won't object because you don't recognize that special day, then they'll say that the usual rules don't apply if you're a Squire ... and since you're not a Squire you won't object. Next they'll claim that the usual rules aren't in effect for Australians and since you're not an Australian you won't complain. Then they'll state that the usual rules don't apply to YOU ... but by then they won't apply to ANYONE ... and it'll be too late.

This sets a new standard for raving incoherence. Joe Shaw is clearly the dumbest, most useless pile of rotting fish guts on the dock. Even the seagulls wouldn't touch him and they'll eat almost anything. The EPA should declare him an emergency environmental hazard, scoop him into a sealed metal container and bury him as close to the fiery core of Earth as they can get.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

This sets a new standard for raving incoherence. Joe Shaw is clearly the dumbest, most useless pile of rotting fish guts on the dock. Even the seagulls wouldn't touch him and they'll eat almost anything. The EPA should declare him an emergency environmental hazard, scoop him into a sealed metal container and bury him as close to the fiery core of Earth as they can get.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...one that needs a brisk breeze...

And you nominate yourself as the Big Wind? Well yeah, I can sorta see that.

But now I'm thinking on just pissing on it to put it out.
You. Haven't. Got. That. Much. Piss. Not even if you held it for a year. And you couldn't, you incontinent old coot.

Michael

Seanachai said:

Tell us what you think of the Peng Challenge Thread. Don't be shy! This is your chance.

Gee, it’s my chance not to be shy!

Because ‘Seanachi’ said it was.

Lucky he (or she) said. Or I never would have spoken up. Because… I guess he (or she) is in charge. And I only speak when Seanachai let’s me - because I am a good tribal lackey.

I owe such a debt…

Seanachi will even publicly order his (or her) lackeys to, or not to, attack.

There are rules, you know.

Are there? Really? Who made these rules?

Sod 'em! There are hierarchies, but they're in abeyance.

There’s hierarchies? What twat would submit to those? Given the evidence.

You’re quite in-charge then? You’ll tell everyone what the rules are, when they apply, and who can talk to whom?

You might expect good humoured banter?

But unless you suck well and hard, you’ll get something else entirely. Which is probably a good thing, really. Quickly sorts out those who can be made ‘in’ and those poor saps who are rejected as lacking sufficient suckage.

(This message is not authorised by Seanachai, or any of his (or her) subservient team.) Like every other message is.

I'm not saying the “peng” thread(s) seem to be an extended mutual abusive masturbation thread of extraordinary tribal tightness. Not, that there’s anything wrong with that.

Not at all.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Bard! old poop, I think I'd like to see the rules of Coventry adhered to in the strictest sense. There's a carbuncle on the bum of the 'pool that needs a firm squeeze.

Praise GAWD, Peng wants to enforce RULES! And not just enforce them but STRICTLY enforce them.

I may have to go off and have a quiet cry to celebrate.

Of course after that I have to make sure to copy this post for posterity ... and future blackmail.

Joe