Anyone playing CMSF that never played older CM titles?

thewood

Please don't let it spoil your labor day weekend thewood ..no I'm not new. Hope your weekend is as nice as it is here in southern Illinois ..almost resort wx ..btw we have some good friends that live in your area ..either Lynn or Peabody, can't remember for sure, would have to ask the wife.

Regards,

Gunz

ok ..just checked with the wife ..the friends live in peabody ..the parents of the wife of the friends lived in lynn. We spent a week with them up there in the early 80's. I hated it ..don't like big cities. I only live about 30 miles east of st. louis and I won't go over there unless it's a live and death situation. Traffic in Boston was pure hell for me. I'll shut up now ..think I'm rambling.

Regards,

Gunz

Lynnfield is between Lynn and Peabody. Its called the land that Boston forgot. Rural except Rte 1 and 128 cutting a corner each. Still has working farms and is surrounded by suburb cities like Lynn and Saugus. Moved here before it became expensive. You can literally go from a cow barn to Fenway park in 15 minutes if there's no traffic

Well, CM SF was my first game from battlefront that I played, or tried to play as it were.

I had purchased a copy of CM:BB awhile ago but never got around to playing it. the funny thing is, that since CM:SF didn't work, I ended up buying TOW and the CM 1 3 pack. Those are all great games. Some day this may be a great game, if they learn how to program it for modern hardware.

Originally posted by peleprodigy:

Well, CM SF was my first game from battlefront that I played, or tried to play as it were.

I had purchased a copy of CM:BB awhile ago but never got around to playing it. the funny thing is, that since CM:SF didn't work, I ended up buying TOW and the CM 1 3 pack. Those are all great games. Some day this may be a great game, if they learn how to program it for modern hardware.

Ahh, I envy you. It's like finding a novel you like somewhat and then discover that the author has written an epic trilogy some years ago that you have not read...

Hmm, that analogy is maybe not that good as the last novel that's not up to par with the olde loved ones cannot be undone (or patched) as in the case with computer games... Wait - that's maybe something for authors in the future? Patch the novels after release to get quick money when needed? Think of it: "War and Peace version 1.03 - Chapter 6,7 and 13 rewritten due to inconsistencies in the story. Rewrote the end completely due to whining forum nerds".

smile.gif Mazex

I play CMSF, but I do not own the earlier CM titles.

I tried the demos for all three, but I did not enjoy them at all, despite my interest in their respective subject matters. However, I was prepared to give CMSF a go, even if it was only WEGO, as I am interested in the SBCT concept. However, I am pleased that CMSF includes RT gameplay, as I really did not enjoy WEGO.