CMSF told in three steps...

What CMSF IS:

-a very good small to medium/large scale simulator for both modern unconventional warfare (guerrilla)

and modern land warfare setting in middle east.

-a great step on graphics/phisics/modelling/detailing/part of gameplay [supports and editor in primis]

What CMSF SHOULD (really) have had:

-much more graphic optimization (in-game and in-editor) for at least some kinds of computer configurations

-less bugs (more structural than graphical)

-improved -you could cancel this first word- AI (a little better than CM1x series, or at least at that level)

-retained at least some features common in old CM1x series (just some examples: QB random maps, unit pickup engine, LOS tool in-game and in-editor, extended unit information panels, unit kill list panel, detailed armor hits, elevation shadings)

What CMSF COULD have had (to make it better with not too much effort but more time):

-more independent scenarios (alike old CM1x games)

-a Syrian campaign

-more 3D objects

-more units (both infantry and vehicles)

Note that these last 2 might be improved in time (i.e. next game expansions)

The others will be care of the player community but they could really be implemented with the first release.

Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

What is needs is to understand how many agree. or disagree.

what is needed is for some to quit beating "dead horses"....

The mouse interface works for me. I picked it up after playing 2 games.

The AI kick (and scenario designer) kicks my butt sometimes (well, most of the time). CM1 AI regardless of what some think to remember wasn't that great. Anybody remember the "targeting bug", where the TAC AI would get confused when faced with multiple targets (especially ones who were moving in and out of LOS?

The game runs fine on my (low power) machine. For those it doesn't (especially the high power machines) - thats the price you pay for being bill gates buddy.

I was a CM1 Wego player. I started out as Wego and tried RT, I am now a RT player in CMSF. It makes more sense and for me is more economical for the free time I have (plus its more realistic). Also there is a pause to keep it from being a clickfest. My only concern will PBEM games - but I don't think the filesize will really be a issue since we do live in the time of "Broadband". If you are still dialup - sucks to be youi.

Of course there are bugs. That frankly what people should be focusing on - what are bugs and what are design decisions. What can be fixed, what in the design can be changed to make it better. BF seems to be trying to do it.

If you have don't like how main core of the game was designed (your not going to get that changed) and your not going to play - fine. But please don't waste everybody time having to weed through the incessant whining.the find the gold nuggets out there.

I seen some touting ARMA - that game lasted 30 minutes on my HD. It was crap. Meanwhile I play CMSF about 1-1.5 hours each night since it was released (bugs and all). Yeah the pathfinding bug, bugs me at time, but I know they will get it fixed. Why you might ask, because it's fun.

The mouse interface works for me. I picked it up after playing 2 games.

--->I dint' refer to mouse interface, so try to read my post.

The AI kick (and scenario designer) kicks my butt sometimes (well, most of the time). CM1 AI regardless of what some think to remember wasn't that great. Anybody remember the "targeting bug", where the TAC AI would get confused when faced with multiple targets (especially ones who were moving in and out of LOS?

--->I've played all QB with the AI sitting in its starting zone, no moves. During ALL single player maps AI will do what told by the designer and then will loose completely any initiative, it will get killed by your moves, at least this happens playing RT mode. This is enought for me to say there's no AI (apart what modeled directly by the designer).

The game runs fine on my (low power) machine. For those it doesn't (especially the high power machines) - thats the price you pay for being bill gates buddy.

---->Let me: This statement is simply ABSURD.

I was a CM1 Wego player. I started out as Wego and tried RT, I am now a RT player in CMSF. It makes more sense and for me is more economical for the free time I have (plus its more realistic). Also there is a pause to keep it from being a clickfest.

-->I didn't criticized RT vs WEGO. So read my post please.

I play both modes and like RT too.

My only concern will PBEM games - but I don't think the filesize will really be a issue since we do live in the time of "Broadband". If you are still dialup - sucks to be youi.

--->I've good connection and didn't criticized PBEM, DID YOU READ MY POST OR NOT?

Of course there are bugs. That frankly what people should be focusing on - what are bugs and what are design decisions. What can be fixed, what in the design can be changed to make it better. BF seems to be trying to do it.

----->It sure is, but thanks to all those who "whined" showing bugs, etc. "All ok" threads are useless for the game's sake.Still I think this game should have had some more testing, some bugs like breached walls-thru, LOS and lione of fires thru walls, hills, no possible to correct fire support orders etc. are quite evident bugs, just for examples.

I don't ask for bug empty games, but recognize some of those we saw are too evident.

If you have don't like how main core of the game was designed (your not going to get that changed) and your not going to play - fine. But please don't waste everybody time having to weed through the incessant whining.the find the gold nuggets out there.

---> all my comments don't refer to core and unchangeable things, that's why I keep supporting.

I seen some touting ARMA - that game lasted 30 minutes on my HD. It was crap. Meanwhile I play CMSF about 1-1.5 hours each night since it was released (bugs and all). Yeah the pathfinding bug, bugs me at time, but I know they will get it fixed. Why you might ask, because it's fun

---> I NEVER referred to OTHER games, this because I'm trying to support this one.

FINALLY, IF you'll bore reading my post you'll see I gave more credits and said more compliments to BFC than you did...

[ August 03, 2007, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Kieme(ITA) ]

I think of it this way (from my post on the MBT):

Seems that the release of CM:SF is like your wife telling you she's going to spend the week "hotting herself up" for you to bring that ol' spark back into your marriage, and when she shows up at the hotel for your weekend, turns out she's married a circus dwarf and decided to include you in the threesome.

-dale