demo?

Judging from their last 4-5(?) releases, on the same week they start selling the actual disks, unless they need to test out large volume networking issues with a final Beta before the big release (like they did with Down In Flames).

I don't expect to see a 'play-300- times' classic like the original CMBO demo. Just something to let you put a squad and a vehicle or two through thier paces, to highlight the difference between CMx1 and x2. Otherwise they'd have to supply us with a 2 gig downloadable demo!

But the demo's a moot point for me anyway. I'll upgrade my system and buy CMSF sight unseen. Y'know, i never did get to play any CMAK demo scenarios!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I don't expect to see a 'play-300- times' classic like the original CMBO demo. Just something to let you put a squad and a vehicle or two through thier paces, to highlight the difference between CMx1 and x2. Otherwise they'd have to supply us with a 2 gig downloadable demo!

I dunno, the demo might be real big. I download the demo for F.E.A.R. 600+ MB and it was about 15 mins of gameplay. So its not unheard of. I myself would prefer to spend a while downloading a pure classic scenario (Chance Engagment, say) rather rather than say something with 1 stryker and a platoon on a 100x100 map.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Yep, I am buying this one without a demo- not my standard practice, I am just confident that this will be a hit. Plus I can use it as a training tool (as long as they include Avenger) Are they in?

this thing?

dvic411.jpg

AVENGER MISSILE SYSTEM

SERVICES: Army and Marine Corps

DESCRIPTION: A mobile battery of eight Stinger missiles in two reloadable pods.

FEATURES:

The Avenger is an air defense missile system consisting of a pedestal mounted "Stinger" missile battery that operates from a High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) chassis (See HMMWV Fact Sheet). The system consists of eight heat-seeking Stinger missiles in two quickly reloadable pods and a .50-caliber machine gun for self-defense. Avenger provides protection to rear echelon units and command posts against low-altitude and high-speed airplanes and helicopters.

BACKGROUND:

The first Army unit was equipped with the Avenger in FY89. The Army has 281 systems in its inventory and has been authorized an additional 1,498.