Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

a call for more variety in the WWII CMx2 game

Originally posted by Paul AU:

Kellysheroes was correct when he said,

I think this module system is going to get tired before it begins good. People are going to see it's just a donkey milking process of chopping CMBO/CMBB and CMAK into modules and just selling each for some near full retail price. A lil change in an engine and some more pretty pictures and doesn't even really feel like the old series at all and oh I'm betting $35 a pop for each module. I didn't buy into CM:SF and I'm not sure I will buy into the rest now after seeing all the issues and problems with CM:SF. It must be pretty bad you can get it for like $7.00 on Amazon.com now.

I gratuitously re-printed the above, only because it’s so accurate.

The only questionable variables are; how much of a ‘donkey’ do you feel like being ‘milked’?

We’ve had a few answers to that already.

I’m just saying that what “Kellysheroe’s” said should not be dismissed. (As it was)

How do you think BFC feels? All the effort they put in making CMBB, haven't paid off as much as it should have. I bet they don't like feeling like a donkey either.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I believe that price wise, he has already been proven wrong..Steve has already said what the price would be above in this same topic.

I have my doubts as to whether anyone, Kellysheroes included, would like to go to work at their job, and be told that since they already did basically the same things last week, they should not be paid for putting the finishing touches on that big project this week....

just to put it into comparison.

PaulAU,

Cool! I didn't know you had a crystal ball. That's pretty nifty. OK, I've now decided we'll do it your way. Now tell me, exactly how much more money will I make doing it your way vs. the way we had planned before? I am curious to know since you have such accurate information at your disposal.

:D

Seriously though...

The only questionable variables are; how much of a ‘donkey’ do you feel like being ‘milked’?
EXACTLY!!! That's it in a nutshell. I don't feel like being a donkey any more. You guys have milked us for all that we're worth and then some, so it's time for us to not let you guys walk all over us with unreasonable demands.

Wait... unpon rereading your post I'm not wondering if I might have misread who you were addressing. If so, my bad!

Yup. And the most important one is mine when I said that we'll never, ever, in a billion years give away years of our lives for such little return when we known darned well that we can put out a far more reasonable amount of content, in far less time, and wind up with a much happier bunch of spouses.

Shoot... did I misread your post again? I did, didn't I? Sorry about that!

I’m just saying that what “Kellysheroe’s” said should not be dismissed. (As it was)
Sure it should be. Just as I'm sure you would dismiss a suggestion from him that you that you should work for the next 2 years without adequate compensation, despite not taking vacations and working 80 hour weeks. Then have people 7 years later bitch and complain that it wasn't good enough and that you should do it again. So unless you find such a prospect exciting, might I suggest that you would "dismiss" his suggestion just as much as I did? Plus, I don't call addressing a suggestion with a well reasoned, well informed, well supported line of argument "dismissing". I call it "disagreeing".

stikkypixie and abneo3sierra get Gold Stars for paying attention :D

Steve

Originally posted by Paul AU:

Kellysheroes was correct when he said,

I think this module system is going to get tired before it begins good. People are going to see it's just a donkey milking process of chopping CMBO/CMBB and CMAK into modules and just selling each for some near full retail price. A lil change in an engine and some more pretty pictures and doesn't even really feel like the old series at all and oh I'm betting $35 a pop for each module. I didn't buy into CM:SF and I'm not sure I will buy into the rest now after seeing all the issues and problems with CM:SF. It must be pretty bad you can get it for like $7.00 on Amazon.com now.

Hey, I liked all the content that game with BO, also, but as an amateur 3d modeller and texturer, I can't fathom the possibility of profitting on a business model that produces too much without a gain to match. I also have no problem whatsoever with supporting a developer that produces games I enjoy.

Going to have to stop this one here. As per tradition, we close up any thread that gets to the 300 mark. For those newbies here, initially this was instituted because of bugs in the Forum software that were, uhm, "not cool". However, it's probably safe to keep going now. We just don't know how safe and for how long since this software is quite old :D So we're sticking to 300 as a guideline.

Plus, I think when a discussion gets on this long it's probably about time to close it up and let fresh ones start if need be. Few people are going to try to catch up on 13 pages of discussion!!

Steve

P.S. Obviously I concur with Clavicula_Nox :D