Where do we find PBEM opponates?

Oops, I misspelled "Opponent"--I hope everyone figured that out? ;)

Unfortunately it seems like BF's PBEM Opponates Forum is dead or dieing at least compared to it's past glory days-- nobody seems even slightly interested in CMSF PBEM? Maybe with all the initial SF problems it kinda killed interest in exploring deeper gameplay which only PBEM can really do. It also looks like many of the old guard war master's have moved on..but where? Why not encourage PBEM actively especially since it generated some of their best long-term players at BF?

Maybe BF should even consider adopting a program that's floating around which helped with exchanging and managing turn files...it improves the process. PBEM has always made CM extra special, ya hate to see this part of it seemingly-- abandoned.

[ March 25, 2008, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: mystro ]

What is a poopy game..I guess I'm not up with the latest acronyms but I suspect I know what you mean and your an oldtimer here.

BF people don't read this stuff I'm almost sure especially if it's PBEM related. Too bad really, PBEM was one of the most compelling reasons why busy professional people and students got the game to begin with..it's what made CM IMO.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

what's an "opponate"?

A compound word: an opponent of the order Primates, which includes the anthropoids and prosimians, characterized by refined development of the hands and feet, a shortened snout, a large brain and an aggressive, often primitive style of play. Approach at your own risk.

Originally posted by Childress:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

what's an "opponate"?

A compound word: an opponent of the order Primates, which includes the anthropoids and prosimians, characterized by refined development of the hands and feet, a shortened snout, a large brain and an aggressive, often primitive style of play. Approach at your own risk. </font>

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

I play PBEM all the time and enjoy it. BFC reads this stuff. Mystro if your here to play PBEM then send me a setup...I NEVER play ladders, always play to win but don't give a damn about who wins, and ALWAYS sends back turns promptly.

Thanks for you offer Mark..expect a email when I'm ready--still struggling with part of SF but I'm getting there.

Originally posted by orwell:

Isn't this the whole reason of the Peng thread? Or is that just a bunch of elders trading banter.

I would say both....there are lots of opponates to be had there, only there is a small price to pay for those opponates.

Of couse there is banter....one always needs banter.

Originally posted by mystro:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Childress:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

what's an "opponate"?

A compound word: an opponent of the order Primates, which includes the anthropoids and prosimians, characterized by refined development of the hands and feet, a shortened snout, a large brain and an aggressive, often primitive style of play. Approach at your own risk. </font>

If somebody should be still interessted into the original topic, I'm looking for PBEM opponents, too, and would be very pleased if somebody could name some good places where I can find PBEM-players for CMSF.

Please note that I have asked for 'good places', what means that the warfarehq.com offspring (however it is named today) is not included!!!

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

This forum does have an opponent finder section. Just scroll down to near the bottom of the directory.

...which you have obviously not visited before your post, otherwise you would have understood the question tongue.gif .

I know I saw someone there looking for SF. You're right though I've only peeked in a time or two.

The best way I have found is to strike up a conversation with someone on the boards and email them. The Peng and Waffel threads are always an option if you don't value your sanity or have decided to discard your morals.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

I know I saw someone there looking for SF. You're right though I've only peeked in a time or two.

The best way I have found is to strike up a conversation with someone on the boards and email them. The Peng and Waffel threads are always an option if you don't value your sanity or have decided to discard your morals.

What's a Waffel, have you spent too much time in the North German Plain, or do you mean "Waffle"?

The Waffel (sic) Thread is dead...long live the Waffel Thread!!!!