Graffiti mod anyone?

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

Btw, has anyone ever seen what happens when a building containing an AC or ATM gets rubbled? Does it just float there in mid air?

Infantry usually dies or takes extreme casualties and end up at the lower floor, so I assume this would be the same for AC and ATM squads.

Very cool ideas guys!

Modding is coming along nicely!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by missinginreality:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

Nice!

If anyone can explain how to retain the alpha channel I'd be grateful to know more. I just use the Windows paintbrush program so that's probably the issue.

LLF - The Alpha channel is a separate greyscale channel saved along with the image. I don't think Paintbrush allows you to edit the Alpha channel however if it gives you a choice on saving you just need to save as a 32 Bit .bmp file though in my version of Paint it doesn't allow that. maybe give GIMP a try? </font>

Originally posted by missinginreality:

Which version of GIMP are you using coz I just found out only 2.4 supports alpha in bmp files.

2.4.4 I downloaded it last week. It shows the little checkerboard pattern but then when I look at the image in any other program it shows as black (which it didn't do before... it was the preexisting gray).

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

btw

Do we have a Kilroy was here grafiti yet? It would be cool to see it in game, as it allegedly shows up all over the place 0.01 second after the first GI enters the conflict area.

Didn't see many Kilroys in Baghdad last year, but "Post is gay" seemed to show up on the walls of every latrine on FOB Rustamiyah.I have no idea who Post was or what his personal

preferences are, but someone else sure seemed to be certain.

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by missinginreality:

Which version of GIMP are you using coz I just found out only 2.4 supports alpha in bmp files.

2.4.4 I downloaded it last week. It shows the little checkerboard pattern but then when I look at the image in any other program it shows as black (which it didn't do before... it was the preexisting gray). </font>