Bug List! Post any you find here!

I couldn't see one in the general forum so I decided to make a topic for posting any gameplay bugs you may find.

I'll start with mine:

Craters that were created in a turn will appear at the start of that turns replay instead of when they were created.

Sometimes heavy weapons, like a kornet will warp back to their original position from the start of the turn at the start of the next turn. This leads to the gunner of the weapon being in one place and firing a weapon which is detached from the unit. The missile will still originate from the launcher but since it uses the gunners LOS it can be made to fly straight into a wall in front of it.

My hardware:

CPU: AMD X2 4200+ (dual-core)

GPU: NVidia 7900 GTO (Driver: 162.18)

1.) The game hangs up frequently after some turns during the order phase in WEGO mode. Sound can still be listened, but I can't do anything except to return to Windows with the ALT-TAB and enforce to close CMSF. BTW, what makes this problem really worse is that the Autosave function was removed, so all progress I made during the game is lost! Please restore the autosave function!!! Edit: it hangs also during the execution phase!

2.) I try to order artillery support as area target and draw the target circle: I can not set the size of the target zone if the spotter has no LOS to the current position of the mouse cursor. That doesn't makes sense.

3.) When I switch the language (for example from English to German) in the options screens, I loose all saved games that I have saved 'Englisch'. If I want to restore them, I must set the language to 'English' again and restart the game.

4.) I guess that's not a bug, thought I found it very annoying: when I watch the execution phase/movie the first time, I can't control it. No pause, no stop, no rewind. I also don't like that the movie is replayed automatically when I have watched for the first time.

[ July 27, 2007, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Scipio ]

Update on that Hvy weapon warp bug:

I moved a AT-3 squad into position and the launcher was in place as normal, then at the beginning of next round it had vanished! I looked around but couldn't find it as usually they just go back to their previous location but it wasn't there! I gave up and targeted a tank with it, it fired and there was this distant boom so I looked over and found the launcher. It had decided to warp all the way over to the other side of the map........ or rather 50m under it! It was sitting on the background texture firing missiles up into the underside of the map. This happens to all deployable weapons in WEGO mode.

Originally posted by Scipio:

3.) When I switch the language (for example from English to German) in the options screens, I loose all saved games that I have saved 'Englisch'. If I want to restore them, I must set the language to 'English' again and restart the game.

Thats actually referenced in the games readme file (the one that you probably never read when you installed the game/patch). You just need to copy that file manually from one languages Save folder to the other.

Madmatt