Thoughts on 1.03?

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Correct. The ability for non Syrian FO units to call in artillery fire was a bug. They use the old Soviet centralized system and nobody gets the sort of training necessary to call in fire excepted for the specialized FOs. So combine restrictive doctrine, with limited training, and poor C2... you get pretty limited artillery usage.

Scenario authors can fix this by including FOs in their scenarios.

A lot of the scenarios included with CM:SF are now slightly broken now though. Allah's Fist comes to mind. There's 3 Syrian 120mm mortar missions that can't be called down by any of the on map units because none are FOs. I agree with restricting the artillery control due to Syrian training procedures, but I'd like to see BFC update their included and supported scenarios so that they function fully.

Can BFC look through the scenarios included with the game and rework (add some FOs as needed) the affected ones so that the Syrians are able to call in arty? Perhaps in a future patch?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though 1.03 did make many improvements, the AI/Pathfinding still needs lots of work. I still have vehicles doing some very strange things (driving off in different directions than plotted, turning in unpredictable directions) . These inconstancies seem to occur more when in close proximity to other units.

I cant really see myself playing CM:SF multiplayer because multiplayer/RT is just too impractical and the TacAI isn't dependable enough to play WEGO at all. So all of my play so far has been RT against the AI.

I am enjoying what I am able to do but still appears to be many things that need to be addressed before I would recommend CM:SF to a friend.