Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Shock and Awe

BFC: You guys have really created a master piece in CM:SF. Although I'd pre-ordered the game I finally dl'd last nite. I have been following the threads with some trepidation. Had BFC bit off more than they could chew? Imagine my surprise when:

1. Dl'd and loaded without a hitch.

2. Played smoothly and graphics were a fantastic leap from CMx1. My $70 GeForce 7300 GS works!

3. Found the interface friendly and easily learned...Confession I read the manual first...Silly me.

4. Loved the arty routine

5. Loved the 1x1 pixel-soldats with buddy medics!!

6. Loved re-play with the WEGO system

7. Loved the music and sound effects

8. Loved the terrain features

9. Loved the immersion sensation this game brings.

So is this game a worthy successor to CMx1? A resounding YES. There is more going on under the hood than ANY game I've ever played. Kudos to BFC and my heartfelt thanks to Steve and Charles for keeping the Combat Mission promise of accuracy, fidelity and fun.

BFC: You guys have really created a master piece in CM:SF. Although I'd pre-ordered the game I finally dl'd last nite. I have been following the threads with some trepidation. Had BFC bit off more than they could chew? Imagine my surprise when:

1. Dl'd and loaded without a hitch.

2. Played smoothly and graphics were a fantastic leap from CMx1. My $70 GeForce 7300 GS works!

3. Found the interface friendly and easily learned...Confession I read the manual first...Silly me.

4. Loved the arty routine

5. Loved the 1x1 pixel-soldats with buddy medics!!

6. Loved re-play with the WEGO system

7. Loved the music and sound effects

8. Loved the terrain features

9. Loved the immersion sensation this game brings.

So is this game a worthy successor to CMx1? A resounding YES. There is more going on under the hood than ANY game I've ever played. Kudos to BFC and my heartfelt thanks to Steve and Charles for keeping the Combat Mission promise of accuracy, fidelity and fun.

I couldn't say it any better than he did so i just didn't try. :D

I just bought the full game today... downloaded it this evening, installed, registered, and have played the the first battle twice on elite level.

I am getting my arse handed to me, and enjoying every minute of it. Very immersive... and yes, the arty is very cool.

Well done BFC. I think I will be getting many, many hours of enjoyment out of this game. Thanks!

Muldoon

Edit reason - fixed typo.

I found something else that I said "Wow" about:

- using the Javelin!

I was playing the first mission on elite... the mission where you have to get your 7 strykers through or around the little town. I kept losing strykers like they were going out of style.

Last night I had an idea... pull a stryker up to one of the buildings on the west side of town... pop smoke... dismount the infantry, and send them up to the roof with a Javelin.

Three of the stykers continued navigating around the west side of the town. As soon as some pesky AT team was spotted, I targetted them with the Javelin team... and BOOM.... no more problem.

Fun times. smile.gif

Muldoon