Is canister ammo for the M1A2 in?

I love this line:

The M1028 is the first 120mm tank round to be fully insensitive-munitions compliant as certified by the Army Insensitive Munitions Board.
I thought all munitions were insensitive. I mean, does the round really care how frightened or dead it makes the target? I think not. Sounds pretty insensitive to me :D

We are planning on adding canister rounds for the Abrams. If they aren't in widespread use yet (probably are), the certainly will be by the time CM:SF's setting rolls around.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I love this line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The M1028 is the first 120mm tank round to be fully insensitive-munitions compliant as certified by the Army Insensitive Munitions Board.

I thought all munitions were insensitive. I mean, does the round really care how frightened or dead it makes the target? I think not. Sounds pretty insensitive to me :D </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I love this line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The M1028 is the first 120mm tank round to be fully insensitive-munitions compliant as certified by the Army Insensitive Munitions Board.

I thought all munitions were insensitive. I mean, does the round really care how frightened or dead it makes the target? I think not. Sounds pretty insensitive to me :D </font>

akd,

"He's mad, quite mad, I say!" "Sweet-natured munition" indeed! Somewhere around here I think I have the relevant JMEM page for that munition. Never saw that picture before, though. In closing, I must protest your discriminating against the other type of Daisy Cutter, say, a 750 lb. bomb with fuze extender. The Germans had a WW II version of this fuze extender. It was called a Dinort Rod.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ August 12, 2006, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by John Kettler:

The site looks good, but the DU writeup is hyperconservative, IMO, on health hazards from DU.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/du.htm

Regards,

John Kettler

"Hyperconservative"?

The writeup is pretty similar to the Royal Society Report on DU, and draws much the same conculusions, AFAIR.

Linky