Why do my soldiers keep reporting enemy vees?

Nicoch

They are seeing the burning enemy vehicles and saying so. This is absolutely the case...You will hear the same thing about knocked out vehicles that are NOT burning as well. You should keep in mind that abandoned vehicles can be re-crewed and if otherwise not damaged, fight again.

"I have seen the same thing consistently when bunkers are about, even though no vehicles are in the game."

Same thing Bunkers read Vehicle to the game

It's an old but classic joke in the US Army... you take a piece of black construction paper, cut out a silhouette of an enemy vehicle, and then tape it to the lens of your buddy's binoculars. Then every time the guy looks across the battlefield with those optics, he thinks an enemy vehicle is bearing down on him.

"Enemy vehicle sighted!"

>everybody else in the foxhole chuckles<

"No, really guys - it's coming right at us! Enemy vehicle sighted!"

>more chuckling<

Personally I applaud BFC for recognizing this tradition and adding it to the game. It lends a level of authenticity to the ambient environment that other games lack.

Seriously, this seems another plce where CMSF needs a bit of work.

I wass playing CMBB a few days ago, and my Germans were holding of the Ruskies nicely. Then I noticed they were getting low on ammo... Right at that moment one of the digital squads yelled "Scheisse, wir brauchen Munition". A real "wow" moment, even after all those years....

In contrast those modern soldiers keep yelling that they see enemies. Especially irritating due to the real time play, I keep rushing over, only to discover no enemies in sight. Very frustrating.....

Bertram

I think this acoustic messages need a bit work. I guess MarkEzra is right that each unit reports on it's own because there's no Borg spotting anymore - but the only one who may need this message is the player, and he don't needs repeating messages about the same vehicel. I find the false reports indeed very irritating.

Perhaps each commander needs a blackboard on which to write down the burning vehicles its troops have spotted. Hint, hint. :)

There's a difference between Borg spotting and a collection of troops with decent comms that keep reporting the same damn thing over and over again. There are options, but it seems as though none of them have been implemented.

I've had the same problem with infantry. I constantly hear "enemy infantry incoming", and when I check the unit that said it, they have no infantry contacts.

It'd be nice if this report system was a little more accurate. I just ignore the voice cues from the troops. It's incorrect 95% of the time. It'd be nice if it was right that often, instead of vice versa.