A Brief History of Time and Combat Mission... by Madmatt

Madmatt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

I think some of these Weebloes could use a brief history of BTS/BFC kinda like what Madmatt did but with more names and fewer head-butts.

But but the headbutts are the best part!

I mean, is it enough to hate Seanachai without the context of why one should hate Seanachai?

-dale

Nobody hates Seanachai you kidder.

Originally posted by Elvis:

P.S. Matt, I'm only answering this because you asked......There is no need for you to want a "****stick". It is something you and I already have. Moraine on the other hand does not (sorry babe..and they are so much fun too). Peng also has one which I saw in the shower in gym class and having seen it answers many questions about his possible anger issues.

Not to worry, Elvis, dearest. I get an entirely different perspective on them from where I am and have just as much fun, I'm sure.

Originally posted by rune:

Salkin,

New guy? You know I have worked with BFC longer then Madmatt? Since the CMBO alpha as a matter of fact. smile.gif

Rune

NOW you tell me ! *blush* redface.gif

I thought you were doing lots of scenarios and they got impressed and hired you.... I need to start reading the long posts....

Well, lurker mode is obviously where I belong ;)

//Salkin

Oh, and sorry rune :(

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Wow, did Peng just snap?!? Kinda took my post a little personal there don'tcha think there Pengy?

Madmatt

Hmm...hmmm...hmmmm. One day all things shall be made clear. Not by me, of course, as my job description normally calls for 'obfuscation'.

As an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread I believe it best that we take care of this internally. For one thing, the Cess muffles the sounds of screams.

Originally posted by Chops:

And one more thing..who or what in the hell is a Peng, and why is that name and associated nonsense all over the forum?

Wow! When I was little we had a poodle that sounded just like that!

It was run over by a G&K Cleaners truck.

I mean, is it enough to hate Seanachai without the context of why one should hate Seanachai?

-dale

Of course it is. Context is like sugar icing. Hate is the cake.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Nobody hates Seanachai you kidder.

I HAVE HERE waving sheaf of papers in the air, THE NAMES OF HUNDREDS OF MEMBERS OF THE STATE DEP — THAT IS, MEMBERS OF THE COMBAT MISSION FORUM WHO HATE SEANACHAI! THESE NAMES ARE ON CARDS, POSTCARDS AND LETTERS ABSOLUTELY FILLED WITH HATE!

Now, everyone bugger off to the General Forum where wbs has doubtless posted some bit of weirdness from the Net that needs everyone's immediate attention.

Oh, and Madmatt? Certainly I appreciate a satirical post whose general intent is both humourous, and pointed.

But you tell that bugger Grammont that if he refers to me as 'Madame Seanachai' again, I'm going to start stalking him!

Then some of us can pull up our rocking chairs and reminisce about the Olden Days. Oh sure, I remember when I found this place whilst looking for something called Computer ASL (you can't deny it Charles, you nutrient-soaked whippersnapper, I have the old General magazine article to prove it!) and then the very next week it changed to something called Combat Mission. I mean, "Combat Mission"? What a terrible name! It will never sell! And another thing... blah blah blah...

Yeah, I remember all that. I remember what came before that too, like OTR and AS!. Those were the days.

Michael

After all, you didn't get that award in 2001.
If we didn't do the whole f'n Eastern Front we would have won an award in 2001. But since we decided to do the Mother of All Fronts, along with three generations of little Fronts, we had no products to release until 2002 and 2003 respectively. And people wonder why we don't want to do those mega front games again... because we want an award EVERY year, darn it :D

Steve

P.S. Locking this thread up as it has become another slimy cesspool.