The Peng Challenge Thread Wants YOU... To Go Away.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

My hamstertruppen have taken a building and captured an MG post of Noba's whilst simultaneously biatch-slapping several squads of his all without loss!

Mind you it helps to have covering fire from three Panthers and a 75mm halftrack but war wasn't meant to be easy. Not for Noba53 anyway...

I have calculated your rate of "progress"...

Buildings between you and the sole victory flag. Twelve.

Turns per building to destroy, one.

Turns remaining in game, eleven.

Result. You will win in the NEXT game.

Noba.

In other news, Boo! is taking a severe schelacking from me. Some time ago he blithered about how I had blundered into a TRP and was getting filleted. Well, he wasted pretty much all of his arty on a single recon platoon, that SURPRISE! mostly made it through the barrage. Now their follow up pals are making mincemeat of his middle.

Two companies have swept through a wooded area and over run a platoon that was hiding there. He had a green flamethrower hiding that didn't get off a shot before it was found and clobbered.

On his right flank he had a platoon and a gun guarding a lonely flag out thataway, which I am about to make mine. I used an engineer platoon, stacked with most of the company's flamers, and a few HMGs for good measure. They've had a rough time of it, but I've winkled him out of his holes and trenches and now I'm chasing what ever is left off the edge of the map.

On his left, where there is a cluster of three flags in another wooded area I'm bringing my armor, which has so far had to do very little in the way of support, and my two spotters - an 81 and 120 - are dropping their ducks on his head while a company prepares to re-form and assault with some StuGs, H42s and a Panther on over watch. Morale is still in the high 80s even though he's done some damage here and there with a bit of slackerly resistance from his soft Amerikkkan farm boys.

It's all cromulent, though, he did the exact same thing to me in our last game when he was assaulting as the Germans and I was in green and tan. I think we have to go back to CMBB - I'll dress in brown and die in droves in the snow. It'll be fun.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

... and my two spotters - an 81 and 120 - are dropping their ducks on his head while a company prepares to re-form and assault with some StuGs, H42s and a Panther and some wildebeasts and wild oxen and a dancing bear and a quadroon of espadrilles and... and... and... marmelade and blintzes and pretty maids all in a row and... and... and...

Shhhh... shhhhhh... calm down... you've had a fever. Just lie still and I'll bring you some Saltines and some 7-Up, if you think you can keep them down. Shhhh... it's all been a bad dream...

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You know what I like best about the Midwest in the wintertime? The fact that I don't live there.

Michael

I think I can speak for the entire midwest and probably most of the rest of the world when I say, we're glad you don't live here too.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

But it's mostly tracking north, so we're only supposed to get a bit of it here.

We were supposed to get up to half a foot, but never saw a flake. It all went north, which is what NG cavscout gets for not sending turns. That being said, you may get some of the frozen stuff yet, Boo.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You know what I like best about the Midwest in the wintertime? The fact that I don't live there.

Michael

I think I can speak for the entire midwest and probably most of the rest of the world when I say, we're glad you don't live here too. </font>