Editor Issues

Editor Issues

Scrolling

There is no scroll bar or data scrolling in the unit screen "Activated Troops", this wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to purchase a Battalion and then delete all the units, except for the one you want and then have all the deleted units show up in the Activated Troop screen.

Saving and Overwrite

It would be nice to set all of the original missions, campaigns, quick battles to read only so you don't accidently over write them, helping keep the original game content!

Scrolling: There is no need for a scroll button. An entire Battalion collapses to one line. Purchase a Battalion note the plus sign. Click on it and the battalion brakes out into companies...Now it's a minus sign click on it and you are back to one line again... smile.gif

Saving and overwrite: While I wouldn't mind an idiot reminder before I exit the editor, I don't see the need for a read only file. When I want to work on an existing file that I otherwise want to keep in tact I just re-name the file.

I second the scrolling issue - with enough top-level formations added to the Activated units window, even if all are completely collapsed, it is impossible to access the subordinate formations at the very bottom of the list.

Case in point:

editornoscrollrf9.jpg

… units of the 4-Plt C-Coy are not all displayed, despite every possible formation collapsed. And no, this does not depict an implausible Division-sized force, in fact most of those top-level formations only have one or two units – it’s just so happens that you can’t get Heavy MGs, 5 RPG teams, and a BRDM-ATGMs, etc all under a single formation.

I second the scrolling option too. Or you could just add the squad/single option from the old CM: games.

Second thing is, that once you deleted the troops you dont want to use in the scenario there is no way to reenable them back. So you have to add another force from the available troops.

Originally posted by Sarjen:

Second thing is, that once you deleted the troops you dont want to use in the scenario there is no way to reenable them back.

Sarjen, to reenable a grayed out unit, select it and hit Delete again, this should work.

Delete works both ways here.