]

]

]

]

]

]

]

]

My dismounted Jav teams miss by a big margin when firing from the stronghold at targets in OBJ Sidewinder. Jav is in range (1.6km). My question: can Javs be targeted to things above the firing team's altitude? Or is it just bad luck?

Hey Mark,

I downloaded the scenario and put the .btt file in my Scenarios folder, but when I fire up the game and hit Battle, I don't see it in the list of scenarios. It should be called "Sidewinder" in the list, right?

I've installed a ton of scenarios from CMMODS, but for some reason I've had this problem with the last few files I've grabbed from there.

Anyone else had this issue?

Darkmage,

In my case the Javs went off in an odd direction (like 25 degrees off target) and during the last 4 seconds of flight went into sharp correction maneuvers just to end short. Have you tried firing the Javs with the engineers? Maybe they will handle it better?

DzrtFox,

It looks like Mark updated the scenario. Now the file has an "EZ" in the title. Also, the file has two ".zip" extensions. I haven't downloaded it yet, I'm playing the previous "mucho macho" smile.gif version.

I had the same Javelin problem, all of them fell short whilst trying to shoot uphill.

One thing I did notice is that the Javelin team didn't fire of their own accord, I had to target them manually so maybe they were trying to tell me something.

Regarding Javelins....You've got an Officer firing it. ;) He has no actual skill level. I suggest you move him forward an give him some elevation as well. As you can see...Things aren't going well for blue at the start (Red has it's own set of difficulties) but with a bit of luck you can meet all objectives and parameters. As leader you need to consider your long range weaponry (.50 Cal). Also keep in mind that The enemy stronghold so near to you may not be what Intell told you...You may well need look elsewhere. But you've got to get these guys who have been shooting up supply columns and just shot the hell out of those engineers (who owe you money from last nites poker game). A total Victory can be achieved. PS...don't forget the crewman...

Originally posted by DzrtFox:

Hey Mark,

I downloaded the scenario and put the .btt file in my Scenarios folder, but when I fire up the game and hit Battle, I don't see it in the list of scenarios. It should be called "Sidewinder" in the list, right?

I've installed a ton of scenarios from CMMODS, but for some reason I've had this problem with the last few files I've grabbed from there.

Anyone else had this issue?

I check each scen I put up to make sure it works. So no trouble noticed. Can't think of what trouble it could be as CMMODS is so stable. If others are having troubles please let me know

Originally posted by Doomed:

One thing I did notice is that the Javelin team didn't fire of their own accord, I had to target them manually so maybe they were trying to tell me something.

In play testing this (a number of times) I found the Javelins did fire on their own at targets. As the sun begins to rise you may have better luck. Do keep in mind you have only 3 Javelins so use them wisely.

I'm still looking into this. I just re-downloaded it and extracted it to the Scenarios folder, but for some reason it just will not show up in my Battles list.

Is there a limit on the number of scenarios you can have in the folder or something? I'm totally baffled by this. I've checked to make sure the file has the correct extension and it does, but it just will not show up when I try to play it.

I don't think the problem is specific to your scenario either as I have a few new ones that aren't showing up.

I'm going to look a little further into it and maybe post to the tech support forum.

That's what I'm looking at right now. I just booted up the game and for some reason it is saying I have 1.07 installed. I could've sworn I installed the 1.08 patch already though... I'm downloading it and installing it right now.

I must be going senile...

Hahaha OK apparently I'm just going crazy. I must've downloaded the 1.08 patch when it came out and never installed it or something.

I just re-downloaded it and installed it and now the scenarios are showing up fine.... smile.gif

I'm a moron.

I really enjoyed this one and was sure I had a victor buy was given a minor defeat. WTF? I lost no men and no vehicles, and I owned the "Sidewinder" victory zone. No reds were in it.

Why the loss?

I put the javelin on the roof of a building. Used it to wax one of the APCs, and also the building in the far corner of the map.

Originally posted by Phoenix:

I really enjoyed this one and was sure I had a victor buy was given a minor defeat. WTF? I lost no men and no vehicles, and I owned the "Sidewinder" victory zone. No reds were in it.

Why the loss?

I put the javelin on the roof of a building. Used it to wax one of the APCs, and also the building in the far corner of the map.

You might want to check out the victory perimeters ...Enemy cas @ 100%...gets you the victory...Good going on the Javelin/bldg...but you might want to make sure you killed them all.

sidewinderPormo.jpg