How To Face Properly After Move?

I think Lio is saying to make your move orders, then click on the very last waypoint, then choose to 'face' your unit.

If you make your move and don't select the last waypoint before the 'face' command, the 'face' command will be made relative to the current position of the unit and not the destination.

I didn't realize you could make the 'face' command work like the old CMx1 command by clicking on the last waypoint. I guess it's better than not having it at all, but it's more work for the player with no perceivable benefit.

It makes no difference to me whether or not I have the last waypoint selected. My units don't change their facing after they move.

Edit:

Well, this is weird. It seems that I only have a problem on the first minute. IOW if I am starting a scenario, I can't change the facing after a move. However, on the next turn, I can by selecting the waypoint. odd.

Edit #2:

Nope, still not working. I was thrown for a loop because it shows the facing line coming from the waypoint, but when the waypoint it reached the unit does not change its facing. So we are back to where we started. i.e. I don't work.

[ July 29, 2007, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Tinjaw ]

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

I always just give a tiny move command in the direction I want the unit to face and that has the same effect for the same effort.

I tried that as well, but with the turning radius of the Strykers being what they are, they start doing some S curves instead of facing the way I want.