I like CM:SF's smoke and dust

c3k

c3k,

I couldn't agree more. Many things may have been got wrong in CM:SF but smoke/dust is definitely not one of them. Now it really is important to check wind direction in the briefing. Attacking with the wind behind you has some real advantages as obscuring clouds of smoke drift towards the enemy rather than towards and then passed your own troops.

Originally posted by f-bomb:

i dont know if its just me but when i sometimes i see smoke in weird places. ex.. a tank is smoking but it looks like smoke originates from the tank, also like 50-100m in front or another direction. im not confusing this with the smoke blowing.

That sounds like smoke grenades to me. If you check the vehicle close-up you will see several missing grenades if they have been fired. most vehicles fire smoke grenades automatically when they are under attack.