Play balance...turkey shoot?

aleader

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's this very attitude that will get more Israeli's (and Americans for that matter) killed by terrorists and their supporters. First off, any civilian casualties in Lebanon are entirely 100% the responsibility of hezbollah (who even deliberately put civilians right next to their rocket launchers so they would get killed) and those Lebanese that support them. When you support a terrorist organization and allow if to take over the southern half of your country and then those terrorists start a war with another country, you have no right to complain when you're getting killed in response. And for those that don't support hezbollah, go blame the Labanese that do, because they brought this on your heads.

I always hear words to the effect of. "But, they'll just get madder if there are too many civilian casualties, and then they'll attack you again later on.". Well, what are you supposed to do, let them murder your citizens at will, rain rockets down on your heads whenever they feel like it, then hit them back a little, but not enough to win decisively, and then the terrorists (or enemy armies for that matter) can attack you again later and start yet another war?

If we fought World War II like that we'd still be fighting the Germans and the Japanese (hehe smile.gif ), but we had men that lead the country back then and they knew how to win a war. You crush the enemy *utterly*, so they cannot pose a threat any longer, and then it's over. You simply have to have the will to do it. This is what our leaders lack right now. But if we get hit with some of sort of NBC attack in the U.S., that will change real fast. Then see how long our enemies are left standing...

The situations with Egypt and Jordan are good examples of how things could go in the middle-east, you can have a real peace deal, but only when those countries decide they no longer want to start wars with Israel (and are not going to permit terrorist organizations on their soil to start such wars, either).

I feel bad for the people in Lebanon who hate hezbollah and want them (and Iran, who armed, trained and controls hezbollah) gone. But they are going to have to take complete control of their own country, you can't have a foreign-controlled terrorist mini-army running the southern half of your country starting wars without your permission whenever they want to. The Labanese army and these new military forces from Europe are supposed to be disarming hezbollah and taking back all of the southern part of Labanon from hezbollah, so that hezbollah can't start any more wars. Now let's see if they actually *do* that. If they refuse to, then the Lebanese (especially those that continue to support hezbollah) have no one to blame but themselves when hezbollah decides to start firing rockets on Israel again and this time the response is 10 times more severe.

Yeah, let's get this back on topic, OK? People who think a nation can kill its way to peace against terrorists isn't likely going to have their minds changed here.

Tom, thanks for the update on the Leos. I always thought the notion of replacing tanks with MGS was daft. It's the sort of thing that treadheads in the US got all hot and bothered about back when the Stryker program was announced. The difference is that the US never entertained the notion of substituting the MGS for tanks, therefore the treadheads had nothing to fear.

Carbon-14

And if "losing" a set of arid CADPAT wasn't a chargable offense I would have been willing to contribute that too.
You need to be more creative smile.gif It's how I got my unissued set of Temperate CADPAT, afterall. Funny story, but too long, is how I wound up with nearly 30 Temperate trousers and jackets. Some supply SGT's goof was my gain ;)

Steve

Sweet! I wanted to do a larger scale version of CM where you have nation building and encounters setup by GMs, kind of like the meta campaigns, but with resources, industry, and unit creation\refits.

But when I got into the project years ago, I realized, you can only have two sides because of the in game requirement one had to be Axis, the other Allies. With the ability to go head to head with the same equipment\forces, it will allow my idea to work with more than 2 nations, as a nation picks which equipment and infantry they will use from the start.

Now please tell me a mission and map editor as also standard with the game :D

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Why did you?

Because it is my actual name ;)

There have been Germans named Rudel and Dietrich long before the war and will be long afterwards.

Adolf is still a somewhat popular name and believe it or not some famlies still use Hitler as a family name, even moreso in Austria.

It is unfortunate that some with non Germanic bloodlines have taken their fascination a little too far and and then entered the wargame community.

They mar anyone with an actual interest in the subject and create myths about the 'invincibility' army.

Even worse some are not actually creating wargame and letting their bias slip into their work. </font>

Seanachai,

While it takes a big man to admit he was wrong, your radical departure from the norm now has me seriously concerned this might be a sign of the end times!

See you when you get back. FWIW, you weren't the only one wondering about that remarkable (to us, that is) name string of his. Am delighted the explanation was so eminently reasonable, but was really impressed with your "was all set to blow him out of water" frustration rant. Could easily imagine the reddened face and steam coming from your ears!

Regards,

John Kettler