Rearm for RED!?

why is it that the BMP´s and BTR´s have no single round with them for their infantry!? do they feel they dont need that or is there a special reason!?

also if there would be verry little space in that vehicles they could at least take 500 rounds or so!?

also i noted that some T72´s(meybe other RED tanks too but i cant say for sure)have a "5.45" ammo box showen there where the strykers show their "5.56" and "7.62" boxes.

no matter how close i aproach the tank there is no possibility to acquire something... .

is this intentional and why does the tank have a 5.45 box showen!?

BFC has said at some point that BMPs should be able to rearm troops, so their current inability to do so is in fact a bug and not a design feature.

Can't say I've ever seen a 5.45 ammo box in a tank, but even if there is one, an infantry unit must be inside the vehicle in order to be able to use the Acquire function. So my guess would be that the 5.45 ammo belongs to the crew, on a rare occasion that they are actually armed with some AKSU-74s.

ok, i see. so at some point BMP´s will have ammunition with them. thats fine.

go and load up "strength and faith". blue has tanks with 5.45 ammo boxes there, if you like to see it.

also maybe the ammo wich is showen with the tanks should be the missing ammo for the BMP´s maybe :D

If you mean ammo boxes in the special equipment section, that's the extra ammo your squads can adquiere. Same for the javelins etc. you will see there and when your squads pick them, the icons will not appeir in the Stryker menu any longer. For BMP's should be the same. If you mean the graphic models flavors yes, it's nice too see.

Childress it won't happen, cause it's not realistic in anyway. BF allready said this. We all know that in any conflict of this kind the first thing that wouldbe totally whiped out would be the enemy air force.

Childress it won't happen, cause it's not realistic in anyway. BF allready said this. We all know that in any conflict of this kind the first thing that wouldbe totally whiped out would be the enemy air force. [/QB]

Really? In a Red vs Red scenario? I thinbk it's necessary. Also, more arty options.

That said, does anyone miss the shadows and sounds from air support present in CM1?

If you mean ammo boxes in the special equipment section, that's the extra ammo your squads can adquiere. Same for the javelins etc.
yes i know, and some T72 have them in 5.45 without the possibility for someone to acquire stuff from it.

and BMP´s have none at all...

about air support;

i dont care about airsupport for red. i never bothered to use blue airsupport so far,...

Originally posted by KNac:

Childress it won't happen, cause it's not realistic in anyway. BF allready said this. We all know that in any conflict of this kind the first thing that wouldbe totally whiped out would be the enemy air force.

Where was this said?

Last I heard they hadn't ruled this out.

being the whole game is a fictional conflict,

i agree red airpower should be available.or modded?.for red v red or blue for that matter

but since the game has very limited scope unit wise,theres probably little point.

modules? for australian ,british,russian,german,and any others you care to mention ,with the ability to fight on any side,would certainly make a *futuristic fictional modern conflict* very interesting indeed,but as far as i can see,its not possible.

i can/could see the world domination championships already:)

im enjoying the game,i really am,but i just dont get the small scope of this at all.i mean itll last a few months of serious gaming,then youll have seen and done it all.as i presume, is intended by the 3 month dateline?

4 years work for limited longevity?

from a gamers view.i just dont get it.

from a business view however i can see the benefits of selling a new module or the like every year or what not.

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind though that BMP are not designed to carry more infantry ammo...

Did you aver seen the inside of such a vehicle?

9 men fit so tight that there isn't really any space. I've never seen a Brad or Stryker interior but I can imagine the differences in design layout.

BTRs have some more space, still I'm not sure about the use of vehicles APCs or IFVs as ammunition carriers for infantry (at least as regarding Soviet style).

By the way BMPs are used to carry a Strela AA infantry missile launcher.

[ October 06, 2007, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Kieme(ITA) ]

Yup, I found it hard to believe as well but apparantly it was Soviet Motor Rifle Regiment standard. Basically 1 per man.

I doubt many vehicles had the full compliment.

Remember the RPG 18 is disposable and lies "collapsed" until needed. I am not saying it's 100% accurate but I read it in General Sir John Hackett's book "Third World War, untold story" I imagine he is a good source.

Steve Zaloga is a longtime fixture in the wargaming, military history and general military communities. I suspect he's on this board somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_J._Zaloga

He's the author/editor of a number of books in the Osprey series. I first ran across him when he delivered a lecture on the Soviet military in Afghanistan at Columbia U (yes, as in Ahmedinejihad) way back in 1984. I quoted him in my undergrad seminar thesis on Soviet airborne forces.

Oh, and btw, I'm betraying a very high level of geekdom here, but much of this board will understand. October 6, 1942, was the date of "The Guards Counterattack" (Stalingrad), the first Squad Leader scenario, and hence a celebratory day in my lexicon.

in the end, i wouldnt care about a little "uncorrectness" in that matter. i mean we are stuck with red troops wich are "fire and forgett" so to say.

RED side really needs to be able to get refills, also if the capacity of the vehicle would be much much less, wich is ok, but dont let them drive into battle with NO mean of rearming them.

it feels totaly "restricted" when you start with your red troops in the setup zone, becouse you know they are doomed to sit around and do nothing as soon as their ammo lvl droped.

i dont ask for X tousend shots as in the strykers but some hundred or so...