Turn info and a demo out??

I just posted the game on my Battlefield 2 tournament website and I have all the combat mission games. I noticed that the intro stated something about different turn or play styles in the game? I am curious is you could direct me to the proper location to learn more about the game. Plus, will a demo come out for the game?

Originally posted by huhr:

do you guys think this came could eventually incorporate ww2 battles?

No; CM:SF has only modern units, and BFC has already stated that, just as in previous versions of CM, units' 3-D structure and capabilites won't be moddable. Only skins and sounds are moddable. So while users can chance some details of how the game looks and sounds, there's just no way to create, say, a Panther or an M1 Garand accurately.

Good news for WWII wargamers is that BFC has already announced that the the next major relase on this game engine will be a WWII game, likely European Theater 1944, IIRC. But this is probably a good 18-30 months down the pipe. Between CM:SF and CM:WWII release there will be 2-3 "modules" for CM:SF released as well, which will expand the game with new units and nationalities.

Do a search for posts by Steve, if you want more detail.

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by SlyBelle:

No sure I udnerstand the comment in the preview about two playbacks being required now for WEGO.

Previous CM games:

1. Issues orders.

2. Turn resolves in the background (with the progress bar)

3. Watch replay.

CMSF:

1. Issue orders.

2. Turn resolves in real time on the screen.

3. Watch replay.

So, in essence, now you watch a single minute of gameplay twice in WEGO mode: once when it is resolving a minute of gameplay (with no user interaction possible), and again as a replay.

Originally posted by JaguarUSF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SlyBelle:

No sure I udnerstand the comment in the preview about two playbacks being required now for WEGO.

Previous CM games:

1. Issues orders.

2. Turn resolves in the background (with the progress bar)

3. Watch replay.

CMSF:

1. Issue orders.

2. Turn resolves in real time on the screen.

3. Watch replay.

So, in essence, now you watch a single minute of gameplay twice in WEGO mode: once when it is resolving a minute of gameplay (with no user interaction possible), and again as a replay. </font>

CM: Shock Force has some pretty hi system requirements so I hope they release the demo a week or so before the per-order ends.

I will gladly per-order CM SF, but only if I get a chance to see how it runs on my system. A lot of people didn't seem to read the requirements before per-ordering Theartre of War!!! :rolleyes: