Dedicated BFist Bradley worse than a line squad

Gents,

Playing TF Thunder. In one of the missions I have a BFist Bradley, a dedicated fire support vehicle. I also get 2 modules of 120mm mortar support. Calling in fire missions from the BFIST show a delay of 5 minutes. Picking a dismounted squad at random and calling in a mission to the same target point yields a delay of 4 minutes. Everyone is in command.

Summary: dedicated OBA spotter takes longer to call in support than a non-descript dismounted line squad.

That's not right.

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Ken

Ah, Sgt Muhammed. Thank you. I did not know it was on the list.

Of course, if the list were public that would reduce the number of spurious calls for adding things to the list. Although, a public list would beget a huge thread debating the list. Perhaps there is a list of people who have access to the list. How does one get put on the list to view the list?

;)

Thanks,

Ken

That question is beyond me.

BFC prioritizes things based on their own criterion. Various bugs that are found are noted and discussed to see if they are wide spread and actually fixable within a given timeframe. Sometimes things that looked like they would be a lot of work end up being a simple adjustment so we get surprised but most often things that seem simple turn out to have a cascade effect.

As hard as it may be to believe sometimes, player complaints and bug posts are noticed and investigated. We just don't always go public with it. Most of the testers keep an eye on the boards to note issues even if they don't always post in the threads. You guys are being listened to regardless of what some may post.

c3k,

Of course, if the list were public that would reduce the number of spurious calls for adding things to the list.
The only thing that would stop spurious calls for adding things would be to shut down the Forum tongue.gif As I've said countless times, a public list is never going to happen. It's far more trouble than the superfluous requests that crop up.

Question though... is there a FIST in the BFIST, or is the BFIST just calling it down itself?

Steve

//The only thing that would stop spurious calls for adding things would be to shut down the Forum As I've said countless times, a public list is never going to happen.//

Spurious:

//Lacking authenticity or validity in essence or origin; not genuine; false.

Of illegitimate birth.//

Huh... learn something new every day! I thought it meant, more or less, superfluous to the point of being misleading/distracting. I think I got that from the statistics use of the term. Either way, it's not right! It's been a long time since the SATs, so for all I know I once knew the correct definition ;)

My point stands with a tiny tweak... the only way to stop superfluous OR spurious calls for adding features would be to shut down the Forum.

tongue.gif

Steve

Originally posted by bodkin:

The question remains is c3k's observation with or without a FIST in the BFIST calling in the arty, it does make a difference although alot of people are unaware of this fact.

Yup. BFISTs without the FIST are no better than regular units. I think that even if you select the BFIST even with the FIST inside, it still isn't very good. You need to actually select the FIST IIRC.

-FMB