Small Bone

Kineas,

The problem with weighted messages is that there is no way to weigh them meaningfully. It isn't possible for the game to know what it is you, the player, need to be aware of and what you don't. What might be apparently unimportant to some weighted reporting system might be the one thing that could have tipped you off before something became a major problem. And vice versa... something that is really super important in some situations might be annoyingly repetitive and unimportant in a host of others.

As for reporting in WeGo... no way :D If someone misses something in WeGo we don't have any sympathy for them. The player has every chance to see whatever minor thing happens for the last 60 seconds. We shouldn't be spending our time putting in features to make sure that people aren't missing the one off odd event here or there that likely doesn't make a difference anyway.

Steve

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I remember from CC, it was useful to have that "we have reached our objective" notification. It isn't an issue with WEGO because you have those regular pauses to assess the situation. Will there be text or graphical notifications about current unit activity on the interface? For example, "en route", "at objective", "engaged"? I was thinking about C&C issues, but you might count it as an abstraction of situational awareness of a commander on the ground.

Yes, you can't always weight them meaningfully, but it's a close approximation. At least I can't think of any better now smile.gif

As for the reports: I meant to consider it after the CM:SF release. Reports are easy to done and definitely add to the game experience. Ammo level report, Unit Status report, etc. and the 'Event log' what I mentioned. Only if there is a demand.