Pick ups off wounded.

Mishga

Hi

Now after countless battles in CMSF I am still yet to see a soldier help himself to another weapon from a fallen buddy.

I have sat and watched one squad, Syrian and US alternativley, for a full 30 minutes and all I have seen is Medic's. Never a SAW or RPG being picked up.

Has anyone got evidence that this happens? I know some players have seen it go on but I want to see if I can incorporate it into a scenario but I cannot as it stands as I have no personal evidence.

Someone put me out of my misery!!!!

I believe I was told once the reshuffling of weapons within a reduced unit was done internally but not animated onscreen. Still, after a SAW man's gone down I've never heard the sound of light mg fire out of that unit again. Same goes for sniper rifle sounds after the man with the weapon goes down. Maybe they were talking about esoteric internal stuff like adjusting hit probability models or something like that.

I just saw a team firing off an M136 AT rocket....when they did not have one in the inventory. I had the missing missile bug.

You know the one..grab an AT-4 jump out the wagon and....Smitty lost it already! So I was convinced I had no rockets but one guy pulled one out and launched. Odd. Did he take off a dead guy or was it just not displayed in the inventory?

I have noticed that the dedicated teams do keep the main weapon active but the squad carried RPG's don't seem to get picked up. And they're always the first to get killed too in my experience. That would probably be quite realistic, just like in WW2 everybody shot at the flamethrower guy first. (bloody hell, I would too).

Crew served weapons...yeah they tend to hang onto the weapon after casualties.

I heard people say they picked up M249's and so on...what I think they saw was the guy doing his first aid animation. I could be wrong but I have never seen another trooper pick up another persons side-arm.

I can confirm this, dedicated squads DO pickup/use the man crewed RPGs (syrian AT14?), "normal" squads equiped with a RPG do NOT pickup the RPGs once the initial carrier is shot. Indeed an RPG apparantly puts a huge bullseye on the carrier.

As the shoulder fired RPGs are quite basic I dont understand why other soldiers from the same squad dont pick it up. Its a quite potent weapon to have for the syrians.

On another note, in my experience, if you have two squads of US soldiers, one equiped with only the launcher (after having used all the javelins) they will not get javelins from a second squad, in which the javelin launcher guy was shot, and the javelin is missing from the squad. I would assume that they will share.

I was quite frustated having to face 5 BMPs with one squad having javelin missles, but no launcher and the other with the launcher and no missles, nothing happened (except me dying..)

yup they are too busy arguing about who gets what and forget to shoot the bad guys.

Same with ammo. One squad with full green ammo bar and a squad next to them with nothing but they won't share.

I was told ammo was broken down and shared around in such situations.

I haven't also seen this switching lost weapon back to other squad member.. only medics working on wounded soldiers..... maybe rest of the squad is too busy to pick that precious and expensive weapon from

the ground :D I mean with the enemy and their deadly bullets in the air and all that stuff ...