NEW v1.06-based Africa Mod Pack and Scenario!!!

MikeyD

Played this yesterday, but somehow this map brings my system (2gig, dual core 6600, 8800gts) to a crawl (it plays crysis and other resource heavy games happily ever after). Constant redrawing and pauses of more than seconds. Ill try to tweak around, but as nice as it looks, unplayable for me. Hopefully bf will finally adress the gfx issues now...one can only hope

i finished it yesterday, total victory as BLUE through red surrender, WeGo Elite.

************SPOILERS******************

some minor feedback->

- those T72´s on RED side are NASTY, i could dispose the T55´s pretty nicely but as the T72 arived my tanks needed to hide.

was a nice challenge. one T72 i could get early on by luck. another i managed to force to retreat behind a crest by concentrated fire from 2 T55´s, it didnt came back over the crest befor RED surrendered.

and the 3rd one, that was thrilling, it drove towards a area i had in excelent overwatch. 3 T55´s opened up on the T72 from about 270-340 meters. from 2 different sides.

guess what, the T72 simply made 9 APFDS ricochet or stuck on that short range, shots where partly on turret side.

still, it started to bug out, but since it was near a wall it got pathfinding trouble and was planless turning around. than after some shots into the rear it was badly hit and exploded.

these T72 packs a punch.

- D-30 guns on blue side where my life saver. actually i didnt wanted to prep strike them both on RED becouse its not a big area and you could kill about 60-70% of RED´s inf with this(i tried around in QB´s :D ).

so i spared them, rushed the FO onto the highest roof of the mining complex and tried to estimate where the enemy will move to and hit him there. ok all worked out as planed, the arty came down after 30 turns(i shifted it once befor the strike). at that point the enemy was largely assembled in this palms plantage next to the worker housings. there the strike came down, and cleaned out nearly the whole area there.

the 2nd battery didnt came around to shoot as i shifted it two times.

- objectives; i took the mining complex, and after estimating some facts about the enemy i also took the worker housings. i never came further than that, i left the banana plantation to RED as i wasnt up to attacking RED in their home base/start area, after all BLUE doesnt have too much troops. i needed those to hold the worker housings and the mining complex.

its playing great from the BLUE side, maybe you could remove one D-30 battery...the other one is MORE than enogh. this one battery largely won the game for me already.

however, next time i go and try it as RED, i need to try out the T72´s in this scenario(and this AT-3). iam sure when i use them they wont pack that much as befor :D

anyways, i had great fun beside the little problem of the crashing in the last second of the replay. but thats no scenario designers fault.

great job! many thanks!

Agree on the blue 155 mm. I did not even make contact with the enemy infantry ... they were cut up long before getting into LOS of the occupying force at the worker housings.

Have to admit that I showed signs of panic when my "sure kill" shots at the T72s were just laughed off by them ... :D

Best regards,

Thomm

MikeyD

could you take a look at this pictures for a moment. you see the FO and than the "4th Battalion HQ". as you can see, both are at the same roof, but the FO team is not in command(red lamp).

now if you have still a save of this scenario midgame, maybe could you load it and look if its the same for you!? i noticed it becouse i wanted to shrink the 9 minutes delivery time, but as you can see, it was not possible.

EDIT: i guess its a bug, but i cant be sure...

c2qm5.th.jpg

c22su2.th.jpg

oh, its not like it was "easy" ;)

the spy was the first, he did come up there without any problems, he entered through the broken wall of the tower.

than the FO team, it took me 3 turns of precious time to figure out to send em into the 1 story house to the left of the tower. from there you can manage to get em into the tower the next turn, to the roof its the most easy part than.

and the HQ later took the same route i scouted befor with the FO team.

thanks for giving it a look. as said, its just with the FO, all other company HQ´s had command with 4th Battalion all the time.

MikeyD,

I replayed from the red side. Won again, this time without using any arty or the reinforcement tanks. Was fun.

What I do not understand at all is that it seems to be impossible for me to get points for the banana plantage even though I occupy the green area with three tanks and several squads.

What is going on there?

Best regards,

Thomm

PS: if you are really bored you can take a look at the save game of my latest bug report and check out the situation.